WINisd pro into IrfanView

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
irfanview is a viewer, not an editor, as far as I know, so try using paint.

I use standard windows printscreen (either Alt+ or Ctrl+) and MS paint all of the time, so either WinISD modifies printscreen behavior.... one potential source of error is how you paste - if you use ctrl+v it may be the issue - use the edit-paste from the menu.

google for screen capture tutorials and perhaps they will explain it better.

AndrewT said:
Hi,
Can anyone else give me some pointers.

Just use the 'prt scr' key (no ALT+ or CTRL+) to copy the screen to the clipboard then open Irfanview and use paste.

Alternatively, open Irfanview, select 'capture' in the 'options' menu, set what defaults you want to use followed by 'start'. Then you can use CTRL+F11 to directly copy and paste into Irfanview.

Hi all,
got it.

print screen (no other keys) re-fills the memory. and then pastes into IV.

IrfanView is a lot more than a viewer. I have only just started using it in the last month. Brilliant for rescaling, cropping, compressing and emailing in umpteen formats.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
I don't know about WinISD Pro, but in WinISD beta, all you have to do is right-click on the graph, and a dialog box appears which says,
"Export Picture To Clipboard".

Then you call up Irfan view, click Edit-Paste, and paste it in.

Then click the "maximize" box at the top twice so all of Irfan view is visible.

This has the advantage of printing ONLY the graph, not the surrounding areas, if that what you want.

A similar thing can be done with XnView, another excellent graphic viewer/manipulator similar to IrfanView, (everyone likes one or the other-they're both great). :)

Irfanview & Windows

I use Irfanview (currently version 3.98) as the default photo program that opens (displays on screen) files of type xxxx. jpg (also gif, psd, png)

Irfanview can capture and save as a file what you then see on your screen

To set Irfanview to do this task for you,
- open Irfanview
- click on Options > Capture/Screenshot ...

CaptureSetup.jpg, attached, is an example of the window that appears

It's necessary to remember two things - the hot key combination that will tell Irfanview to take a screenshot now -
hold down Ctrl key while you press F11 key one time
and where Irfanview is to place that new file (destination directory)
so you will know where to find the newly created file

To first try this, my suggestion would be to see that the options on your own opened Irfanview are as shown in the attached photo - with one exception

The exception is the destination directory - Irfanview will place a default location in that box that will likely be your own My Documents folder

Finally, near the bottom on the Capture Setup screen, click on the start button

The window disappears and Irfanview minimizes

Now when you hold down the Ctrl key and press F11, a screenshot will be made and saved as a file

When finished with any screenshots, click on the minimized Irfanview and close it in the usual way.

Attachments

• capturesetup.jpg
    capturesetup.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 30
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.