Click here for warning label sticker generator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bluebeard said:
The "church sign generator" linked at the bottom is lotsa fun too.

Thanks for that.

Here is one I read for real. I thought I should relplicate it and share with yee...I wish I had a pic of the orriginal.:cool:

Attachments

• chrchu.jpg
    chrchu.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 213
Let's choose not to get out of control, use 4 letter words or make sick fun of nuns and priests...

Actually, Pope John Paul apologized for the "manner in which the Galileo affair was handled" about 15 years ago. Unless one still believes the sun goes around the earth one has to admit that they got it wrong when they admonished Galileo for advocating the Copernican system and asserting that the heavens were not "perfect" and unchangeable.

Perhaps the clergy (and Pope) at the time was a little peeved about hearing their arguments come out of the mouth of a character called "Simplicio" (essentially simpleton) in Galileo's "Dialog on the two chief world systems". At least they didn't burn him at the stake like Giordano Bruno - who committed a similar "thought crime".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.