Anyone have adivce on a good two channel solid state amplifier or CD player?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've come to the conclusion that it'll be a few years before I have the skill/knowledge to build a good amp and speakers, so I am in the market for a good two channel amplifier and decent CD player.

I am looking for something under $1000 amplifier wise, and under $400 for a CD player. I trust the advice this forum gives. It's much more honest than what any other forums or magazines suggest. People here recommened the Paradigm Reference line of speakers for my budget, and I must say they were the best I've heard in that price range :)

I'm wanting an amplifier that is good for listening to music, home theater doesn't intrest me as much. I'll be driving two Paraidgm Reference Studio/40s (140 Watts max). I want a good CD player, multi-disc would be nice if I can get a quality one for under $400.

The only thing in the setup that will be DIY will be my braided CAT5 speaker cables with 24k plated Dayton interconnects. :rolleyes: I guess it's a start though...

Hello,

Have you considered buying a kit like Aksa for your first amplifier ? It comes with all the components, boards, instructions, schematics and even heatsink(s) that are predrilled. The only thing you would need to do is build a case or buy one and put everything inside. It should be under $500 and you can spend the rest of the money on a cd player :)

good luck.

Jean said:
Hello,

Have you considered buying a kit like Aksa for your first amplifier ? It comes with all the components, boards, instructions, schematics and even heatsink(s) that are predrilled. The only thing you would need to do is build a case or buy one and put everything inside. It should be under $500 and you can spend the rest of the money on a cd player :)

good luck.

For a review of the aksa kit:
http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/aksa_e.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.