diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   What does it mean? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/98263-what-does-mean.html)

Wavebourn 16th March 2007 04:52 PM

What does it mean?
 
http://wavebourn.com/images/divingcell.gif

theAnonymous1 16th March 2007 05:05 PM

:idea:

Your amp picks up noise from your celly, so you took the battery out.

Wavebourn 16th March 2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by theAnonymous1
:idea:

Your amp picks up noise from your celly, so you took the battery out.

No. During concert I accidently dropped my cellphone into a swimming pool. The amp did not help... :bawling:

theAnonymous1 16th March 2007 05:23 PM

:cannotbe:

If I was paying more attention I would have seen the pink moisture detecting sticker thingies.

You are Bourn of Waves, expect to get wet, buy a water proof phone.:smash:

Wavebourn 16th March 2007 05:28 PM

Let's try a distilled water... :smash:

http://wavebourn.com/images/cell_distwater.gif

Wavebourn 16th March 2007 05:30 PM

...and toast it! :smash:

http://wavebourn.com/images/cell_owen.gif

Wavebourn 16th March 2007 10:06 PM

It works!!!

Distilled water & approximately 4 houts in 150F oven.

Cal Weldon 16th March 2007 10:39 PM

I think if you check the owners manual, in the do's and don'ts section, those are the don'ts.

radtech 16th March 2007 10:43 PM

The first thing to remember if you drop a cell phone, pager, two-way radio, etc. into water is to take the battery out right away! Water on it's own will take a while to do any damage, water and current can cause massive damage in a very short time. The distilled water rinse is a good idea, get out any chemicals from the pool, you have to be careful with the oven though.. a lot of them run the heating coils at full power and just change the amount of time they're on to adjust the temp. The plastic casing could easily get melted. A hair dryer works well, or putting it under a 60W lamp for a while. And of course never put your battery in the oven, especially a lithium!

poynton 16th March 2007 11:02 PM

If you put it in a microwave oven, the results are spectacular !!!!

It won't work again but hey.........


Andy


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:16 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2