Tube power supply for repeater? identification help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello you people,
I have another question for you: someone gave me this power supply and I would like to know a bit more about it. There is absolutely nothing written on the chassis except the tube numbers and fuse identifiers. I know it is from Europe because the power transformer is hokked up for 220V and each side (the red and the black wire) each go to their own fuse, like I have heard they do in Europe.
So anybody have a guess what company manufactured this? Here is a picture:

Attachments

• ps_top_small1.jpg
    ps_top_small1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 39
Sorry, just an attempt at humor gone wrong. Perhaps I should have said, `those were never manufactured, never existed, etc.` It`s an old line that has some currency when the chances of someone else having seen the device in question is extremely rare.

If you want it for a power supply for something it shouldn`t be too hard to take some basic measurements of the electrical parameters of the mains transformers in the unit and approach it from a parts source direction. Can`t be that complicated.

Oh! Well sorry I guess I didn<t pick up on that one... Too clever for me, mate! Well the reason why I wanted to know was because I would like to get the specs on the transformer, like how much voltage the outputs are(at worst I'll measure them myself that's easy), and more importantly (and not as easily done) is the current capacity of those outputs. And also I'm a packrat I keep everything that might be of historical value, because I know someday, I'm gonna say "oh where are those old thingamajigs? %$!* I threw them out!".
By the way your avatar depicts a very classy-looking tetrode amplifier (those are tetrodes right, with the nipple-contact on the top?).

I too am a packrat. I always try to drag something home if it has useful looking components for a future project, especially if it is free.

Thanx for the compliment on my DIY SET A2 amp. The output tubes are directly heated 809 transmitting triodes (little brother spec wise to the 811A). The metal driver tubes that resemble metal 6L6`s are directly heated 1619 transmitting beam pentodes wired as triodes. DC heat on all cathodes.

With the exception of electrolytics for the filament supplies it was made entirely with bits and pieces that I had in my stockpile of parts collected over a lifetime. It even contains some iron (vertical output xfmers used as plate chokes) salvaged from late 1940`s RCA television receivers!

See my discussion and description of this project here. It turned out to be the best sounding amp I own!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73304&highlight=

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.