The First of the CES Photos!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi All,

Well I made it back and have been busy working to get the CES photos ready for viewing. This is still a work in progress. The captions are not installed as of this post, but will be soon.

So without further fuss and bother
http://dlison.dyndns.org:10004/RoddYama/index.php?currDir=.

If you have any question about any of the photos, feel free to post them or email me. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to answer all comers, but I'll give it a try. I also have most of the lit for the equipment in the photos.

Enjoy,
Rodd Yamashita

Rodd,
Thanks for all the pictures.
Does Nelson Pass and the team knows that you're "from" diyaudio?
Any chance to ask Nelson Pass some technical questions (if any)?
What is the most interesting/exciting product at the CES show (other than Rushmore)?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi All,

This has really been my pleasure. My friend who is hosting the the photos on his home server sent me an email last night wondering where I posted the link because he was getting a ton of traffic. I told him we were around the globe and that this may go on through the night and into today, and if this would be a problem. He said that he needed to breakin the new server he had just finished building.

So thank you guys for making the effort worthwhile.

fcel said:
Rodd,
Thanks for all the pictures.
Does Nelson Pass and the team knows that you're "from" diyaudio?
Any chance to ask Nelson Pass some technical questions (if any)?
What is the most interesting/exciting product at the CES show (other than Rushmore)?

I had corresponded with Kent before so I was comfortable with meeting and talking with him and it was good to meet Desmond and Joe. Kent, Desmond, Joe Sammut, and (I'm sorry I didn't get the marketing persons name) were there the first day. When Nelson was there the second day, I was a bit apprehensive about meeting him (the whole "One and Only" thing). There were always people wanting to talk with him, and he was always smiling. As I approached him, he noticed my CES name tag (Rodd Yamashita), and said "Roddyama" and extended his hand to greet me. Nelson is very personable and this put me at ease very quickly. At one point, someone came up and said "you kinda look like Albert Einstein", to which Nelson relied, "it's better like this", where he took his glasses off and let the guy take a picture.

Rodd Yamashita

Here's a shot for the diyaudio people.:D They went well with Nelson's suit and tie.

Attachments

• bottom_half.jpg
    bottom_half.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 357
My Wife Likes Them Too

Rodd!

Thanks for the photographs from this year's CES. I miss all the activity there...but as an exhibitor one has to "sneak away" to see the displays. I understand how Nelson must feel.

My wife saw the comfy shoes and then she fell over laughing, saying "You guys must be brothers!!!"

Well, thanks to Nelson, I have some support in the "Honey, which shoes should I wear?" department. Keep those loafers in the closet!

Bob Borchert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.