Dead/bad Caps in an NAD L40

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I've offered to look at why an NAD L40 (CD + Radio + 2x 50w) integrated AMP has stopped powering up.

I've checked the transformer and fuses and I'm getting all the right voltages - however I've found that the highpower stage (+/- 80v with no load) is triggered by a relay, which in turn is triggered by some logic on the board 'somewhere'. I same somewhere as I'm not quite game enough to remove the hundred odd little plugs that go to various things on the board - so I can trace it's route on the reverse side.

I've also not managed to find an L40 sevice manual online - so I have no idea what all the test points mean.

I started to look at it in the day light and found a bunch of caps - all the same brand but of differing values (between 1000 and 2200 uf) which appear to be leaking/have leaked.

nad-l40-bad-caps.jpg

nad-l40-bad-caps-2.jpg

Is it likely that these caps are the cause of the problem? It appears they're in the power supply for the digital stage of the board rather than carrying any signals.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.