How to wire in a fan in a Denon 2800 DVD player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I got a used Denon 2800 dvd player from a client. It keeps freezing up during playback. Long story short it turns out that the video processing chip is overheating. I have tried heatsinks but due to the fact that the case has no air flow at all it was useless and only delayed the problem from showing up.

So i need a fan in there. I figure 120V ac as it seems like it would be the easiest to hook up and find connection points. I want the fan to go on with the power up of the unit. The unit has a standby mode activated by the remote and would be nice to also turn on and off with that. Although i have no clue where to wire in to get this working. I tried usin my multimeter to get readings but alas i over juiced it a few months ago and now some aluminum is welded to both tips and i can never get a good connection.

Here are some pics of what i see when i open it up. In one pic i jotted down what i was thinking might work, but i really have no clue in these things. (in the pics the thing with all the copper on it is the processor thats over heating).

www.ccdoggy.com/wiring

If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it as i get to keep this dvd player if i fix it.

Yes i know im no good at drawing in photoshop, but you get the idea.

alright, what i have found. (I took a wire cutter to my multimeter probes and cut off the bad part and now am getting good readings). When i connect the multimeter as shown in my pic as if it were the fan it reads ~3.4Volts when the switch is off, and 120V when switch is on, but it stays live when the standby is activated via the remote, which is something i dont want.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.