UPS Supplies Sonics Question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Mission Critical UPS By The Sound....

mrfeedback said:
Trunk telephone exchanges that I used to work in had battery istallations that would not fit in most peoples loungerooms, and diesel generators on the roof.
DC supply makes things much simpler.

Eric.

Ah, batteries... I'm drifting seriously off-topic here, but this reminds me of another strong interest of mine, which is off-grid living. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to actually live this philosophy myself at the moment, but perhaps someday. Huge banks of deep-cycle batteries, charged by PV panels, wind gennies, and (my favourite) microhydro. No coal-burning utility to be found. Now that's the life. :D

Waste Not, Want Not.....

I used to race bicycles, road and track.
A tredley on rollers coupled to an alternator and we could surf the net and keep fit at the same time. :)
I don't think I could handle peddling a Pass system into life though nowadays, and BTL I would not want to - sorry Nelson, wonderfull design and product, pity about the efficiency thing.
Off topic I know, but energy efficiency appeals to me in all facets of life. ;)

Eric.

Sparhawk,

You need to check into fuel cells.

I too would like to live off the grid and maybe even be able to
use DC to run my tube amps and other equip. Just think, no power xformer, rectifying, filtering, etc.

Fuel cells are not going to be just for cars, they may even already
have units on the market for powering an entire home.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.