Posting Schematics - Legal Issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I have purchased an audio device and am having problems with it. It's my first valve device and I want to learn why it doesn't function as intended.

I have drawn a schematic of this device and have been asked to post it here so that others may help me understand the problem.

The product is currently available to buy and is still in production.

Can I post a schematic here?
If not, how else can I obtain the help of others?

Regards,
Martin.

common law has long recognized the the right to reverse engineer, and copyright only applies to an actual instance of an expression of an idea - ie images of the manufuacturer's documentation

redrawn or reverse engineered schematics are your own potentially copywritable works

further copyright recognizes "fair use" exemptions to permit portions of a work to be reproduced for intellecual discussion

and most manufacturer's probably don't particularly care if you scan and post their user manuals - as long as they aren't selling them seperately as in a repair manual

some of these rules aren't as clear in the digital age and recent legislation has usually been in the "wrong" direction - closing off previously recognized public rights

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.