Forum Down for a Day

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I was productive...It was more :smash: though...

I 'learned' how to do dovetails. I simply cannot imagine doing these by hand...Granted the Jig is nice and all...ONCE YOU HAVE IT SET UP. Now I know why my Dad was laughing at me when he asked if I was going to buy a new router just for doing dovetails....+/- 1/64" bit depth makes you, or breaks you.

Regardless:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Cal

If only the forum would go down for a week, we might get something done! ;) Post pics of your new ones, please. Mine will be no where near the monsters you have, but Maui is much smaller than Canada, so I guess it's OK.

Steven

Very nice. You done learned it good!
What is that cool wood? Love the grain. Looks like the grain you see on some poplar, only better.

Ed et. al.,
You Sir are correct. Its curly cherry :D . I finished making the transformer covers before lunch; so now I am testing a couple of different finishes to see which one 'pops' the best. Right now, the winner seems to be Arm-R-Seal Topcoat Oil & Poly...I was going to do Shellac; but then the heat from the transformers and rectifier tube worried me a bit.
Hopefully in about a week I can have some finished enclosure photos for you all....Unfortunately I don't think I will be done with the wiring and whatnot for some time; as work is starting to pick back up.
Oh, and by the way; please call me Steve. SteveH, Steve H, Steve-H, and Steve_H were all taken :clown:

Regards,
Steve

My Username & All my posts gone kaput

All my posts (all posts going back years) are now under "Guest" name - I also lost my username Jkeny - a search for posts under jkeny turns up nada - only what I have posted since I had to re-register - Now I'm on probation.

Is there anything that can be done???????????????????????

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.