Need Help buying stuff in china/HK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello all,

im going to china and HK next month and im going to buy tube amps dan CDP.. my budget around US2000 for both
can anyone suggest me what good buy for it?
im considering about cayin CDT 17A tube CDP and Melody H300B is it good choice?
which city is best to look for hi end shop in china?
my friends zhencen is good place and it has many hi end shop..

and..
will someone kind me enough to guide me? ha ha j/k :smash:
thanks

Heres a site that lists most of the places in HongKong and how to get to them. And also their list of recommended best buys.

http://www.hktubeaudio.homestead.com/index2.html

In China I don't really know, I didn't have much luck finding a great range of gear over there, but I didn't go to Northern China.

Do you speak Mandarin? if you don't I'd recommend you shop in HongKong instead, unless you have someone to take you around that can translate and is also knowledgable in highend hifi. HongKong can get all the stuff from the Mainland anyway, you might be paying higher prices, but there's less chance of getting ripped off too.

Signing up to that tubeaudio board and asks some questions there would probably get you all the answers you desire.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Also you'll need to remember the customs and duties
are additional along with the cost of shipping.

So a good deal might not always come out as good
as it seems..

I've got great prices on items but opted not to ship
DHL or Fed Ex due to the high costs and shipped by boat.
My Additional costs on a small order were almost $600.00
DHL was less expensive. These were some of the costs.
Customs and duties
Bond
Brokerage fees
storage costs at warehouse
shipping from boat to warehouse
Forklift fee
And my time to go and pick it up (not included)

Steve @ Apex Jr.

When I was in China in October last year (Shanghai), a work colleague - who lives there - took me around the local hi-fi areas. Very little local produce to be seen. I believe most of it is slated for the export market. The locals (those who can afford it) want the latest hi-end stuff from overseas.

If you're going to Beijing, you could always try Opera Audio. I think you might have more luck in Hong Kong - but I'm finding the electronics market plateaux-ing in a lot of places.

Example, I was looking for a particular DVD player (for the chip in it - someone wanted to use it in a DIY project) and actually found it cheaper in Australia than in HK, Singapore or Taiwan - by a fair margin (20%).

How are you going to bring it home without being slugged import (or export in China) duties?

thanks for your info.

some china brand are far more expensive if you buy it from outside china..
for example CDP Cayin CDT 17A (many people from china recommended me) some shop in china sell it only for about US750 NIB and and some shop in US sells it for 1500US..
dont know if its the same stuff or not..

as for shipping im going to hand carry it. ha ha ha
and since im going to buy 1unit, i thing there no tax dutties or else..
it can be considered as souvernir and tax free.. (hope so) :xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.