Ways to generate clean electricity? - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd January 2007, 07:47 AM   #41
diyAudio Member

theAnonymous1 - "I hate to be a party pooper, but why do you keep making these threads jacquesl? This is the third topic you have created that has to do with free/clean energy.

Did you glean nothing from your first 82 page thread? The subject of hydrogen as a fuel source was discussed there at least a dozen times.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...?threadid=91847 "

EXACTLY!

Just ignore the mysticism and read the posts by the rationalists and you have your answer.
Old 22nd January 2007, 08:47 AM   #42
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

the blades have cleverly shaped holes in them, they also have to be spaced a little appart to give the moveing gas/liquid something to grab hold of using the same force that makes oil cling to the side of a can, anyway..

The "liquid" gets set on a path with as small deviations in direction as possible to prevent the loss of energy, .i.e. the round shape of the inner chamberbut you will notice the space around the disk gradualy reduces... if it was 4cm above the disk, it will be 3cm at 3 o' clock, 2cm at 6 oclock and almost a seal at 359 degrees... so as the air comes in... on nearly a straight line (compared to going 90 degrees), it has to go somewhere... between the disks, when set up correctly... and he gives the calculations in the patent... multiple revolutions of the liquid is possible before it exits through the holes and then exhaust which is situated around the axle.

Some red herrings I keep seeing out there and I don't know if it is intentional misinformatin, is that people do not adhere to the smooth intake shape.... it is CRITICAL, any of the other designs mateing it with a small pipe or stepped arrangement would cause turbulance as it enters the chamber.... I mean its like the 5th line or so of the patent, but it gets glazed over, by even the official tesla builders' association.

It is a blindly stupid mistake I think, which will rob their models of massive amounts of efficiency.. probably to make it look less good... Stick with the patent as drawn, build your combustion chamber/s directly attached to the inlet...the exhaust is what drives the engine....
Old 22nd January 2007, 05:38 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

Nordic do you have any info by hand, about that high efficient Tesla turbine, I’m not 100% sure what you mean

Nordic will this idea your talking about

“build your combustion chamber/s directly attached to the inlet...the exhaust is what drives the engine....”

Will this generate more energy that it takes to put in?

I’ve already build my combustion chamber I’m just a bit scared to fire it up.
Old 22nd January 2007, 06:29 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

No, it is not over unity, but I don't believe you will likely find a pistoned engine with even half that efficiency.... to get ultimate efficiency, multiple stages should be used... I.e. larger turbine feeding smaller one through the exaust.... both connected to the same axis.

Further efficiency would be gained by giveing the outer curve of the chamber the correct rough texture, to give less drag. The real benifit is you can use multiple power sources for the motor... be it wet steam, combustive gasses, presuarised liquid, steam..... so its the ideal hybrid motor... and the beauty is you only have one moveing part... any disks on the turbine that are damaged wil kinda implode into small fragments leaving the exhaust without causeing further damage...

Some of the problems you will face is getting good enough bearings... these things move HIGH REVS... Oh and you can stop and start them without the slightest shuder of a shockwave...

Also the blades would need to be made of a good high temperature resistant/pitting resistant material that wont stretch too much at high revs (5digits+) its a turbine afterall...

There is alot on the internet about the basics... but I find the most crucial tips are always in direct quotes from the man himself in interviews.

I want to have a scale model made, to start getting a feel for things...(they get more efficient as they get bigger), and I'm also in the process of designing a small solar furnace for similar testing... they should make a good set...

I have seen a project where they used the frame and bearing thingies from a snowski... good luck finding one of those here... however, they didn't stick to the intake shape, so I doubt it turned out as well as they would have liked... They make the mistake of thinking about it as being driven by th epreasure wave rather than by the drag of electrons on the surface... I.e.. even if the preasure wave can propagate through the turbine undestrubed, the actual flow of liquid , gets plunged into a big pool of turbulance as soon as it leaves their small inlets... as oposed to just haveing a smooth path with minimum deviation...
Old 22nd January 2007, 07:16 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 23rd January 2007, 10:11 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

I like this paper clip one.

Yea man, screw hydrogen or powering cars on water, I’ve finally proved my self very wrong, but that running cars on pure hydrogen and oxygen from water isn’t going to work because it sucks up amps but no combustion, I takes 24V @ 1.20A to produce hydrogen and oxygen in my camber and I let it go for over 50sec and its not even enough to ignite or even make a small pop. So 24V x 1.20A = 28.8Watt for a time period of 40 sec, so 28.8 x 40 = 1152 “joules or what ever not sure at this moment” it take almost 10 Times more energy than I can generate using a turbine or probably any other type or device.

I can tell you if you want cheap dirty hydrogen, take some Hydrochloric acid and some Aluminum.

You can use this for 2 purposes

You can use the Aluminum for a electrode to get yourself a nice 0.600v and 0.40A battery, It all depends on your electrode sizes

You can make your self a load of hydrogen gasses and probably some chorine gasses mixed in it, it produce so much hydrogen you can even light the stuff and it will burn a nice blue flame on top of the acid, this stuff also gets very hot

Combine all of these, fuel cell’s, electrodes and heat and lots of Aluminum mines near you.

So one of these days you can drive your car on Hydrochloric acid and some Aluminum “old pieces of tin foil aka Aluminum foil” if you’re out of fuel.
Old 26th January 2007, 10:48 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

I found a fusion forum once, i tried to find it again but could'nt. These was about 40 members and a few of the crazy !@#$'s where building miniature fusion reactors! The pictures where amazing.
If you can get the reaction to sustain then you have solved the worlds energy problems and opened up a whole era of space travel at close to the speed of light, yay!
Unfortunately you need o be a rich genius physicist to have a chance at that.

edit: http://www.fusor.net/board/index.php?site=fusor
i think that was it

Hide this!Advertise here!