Ways to generate clean electricity? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2007, 06:21 PM   #21
sts9fan is offline sts9fan  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
You missed the point completely.
I may have understodd the "joke" better if you said:
Think of CO2 as alcohol and mother earth as Swedes
Old 18th January 2007, 06:22 PM   #22
diyAudio Moderator

That's enough of that.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 18th January 2007, 06:28 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

I donít know man, I only thing Iíve so far learned is that hydrogen is a energy source and that hydrogen can probably be a good store medium.

It should be nice if someone actually had some nice thing accomplished with water into hydrogen and oxygen and then to run your car by only using water

And that 82 page thread totally have gone of topic starting with free energy and end with why dog bark
Old 18th January 2007, 06:50 PM   #24
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

You should be able to make a solar unit to break up the water , I saw some small pannels at mantech ... think they were about 12V 15mA... cover the roof of your bakkie's canopy.. and heyo silver... I suspect you will be short on gas compareing the energy storage potential.

I t is a whacky phenomena though...
I mean you use energy to seperate the water... and then erm "burn" it?

I.e. add more energy in the form of the flame to ignite it... where does the energy come from ? or is it just a return of the enrgy used to seperate them it in the first place...

would one of these processes be endothermic?

Water is very wacky .. innert in all its forms but when the molecules are broken down and then the atoms mixed it becomes explosive!
Old 18th January 2007, 07:42 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Yip and maybe you can use that explosion to use it in a piston engine because then that hydrogen and oxygen ignites at high speed and expands the air volume and that can be probably nice to use. The process with probably run in loops but you will hopefully be able to use the explosion benefit to drive your motion and the heat will be a lost because nobody in the world know how to convert heat to usable electricity source because if you think of it like this it takes a monter load of Watts to heat a stove, but if you heat a stove you wont get anything back but if you use a thermocouple you only get like 30mV and almost nothing Amps out and I talking about then you blast that thermocouple with a 10cm blue blowtorch.

So your energy output hydrogen and oxygen will be a explosion and heat

Explosion can be used to in an internal combustion chamber

And the heat will be useless because we donít have that one yet.
But you can probably heat up some water and make steam to drive a turbine but that will be useless.

That 12V 15mA solar panels will be only be useful in emergencies then all the batteries are dead to start the process
Old 18th January 2007, 07:48 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

I hate piston eninges.. nasty stuff man... now think further maybe a small tesla turbine...
Old 18th January 2007, 07:54 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

photovoltaics run 15 to 17% efficiency. Once mass production of .7ev bandgap units ramps up, that will go to 20 to 30%.

Big whoops.

Now factor in the electrolysis efficiency.

Is this the way to drive the train??

Might as well concentrate to drive a steam system.

BTW, what does this topic have to do with diy audio?

Cheers, John
Old 18th January 2007, 08:01 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

lol, hook up a car stereo....
Old 18th January 2007, 08:02 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Nordic, I donít know that much about tesla turbines can you tell me more man. Maybe Mr. Nikola tesla, holds the answer
Old 18th January 2007, 08:04 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
lol, hook up a car stereo....
lmfao

Hide this!Advertise here!