Cost effective wireless music across home

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I am the kind of person how eats with music, sleeps with music, works with music, live with music and breathe music.

I felt like having small speakers all across my home playing exact same music at pleasant volume rather than just a pair of speakers in leaving room screaming.

For a moment I thought of putting wires and ampli-speakers all across my home. I realized that cost of this solution turned out to be higher than my budget.

So I thought of streaming music wirelessly.

I thought of options for wireless.
1. WIFI (Way expensive as I would require hub and receivers like Sonos, Air)
2. BlueTooth (Very low range)
3. FM transmission

I chose the last one as it was the best and pretty much in my budget.

Here's what I did, I built a FM transmitter (I could not use IPOD transmitter as they come with just 5 Ft range.) and connected it with a twin-scopic antenna. Then I connected this transmitter to my PC (where I have my MP3 dump) and set a frequency 88 Mhz on the transmitter to broadcast at... that's it

I tuned my FM radios to 88Mhz and I became the happiest person on earth. I have got myself 3 more FM radios and kept it in kitchen, bath, bedroom and toilet too… Now I can hear MP3s, Internet radio from my PC all across my home. Not just that, I can connect the transmitter to TV headphone out and listen to VH1, Channel [V] etc through my home.

If anyone is interested in this idea let me know… I would be glad to help you out…

Happy listening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.