HELP wanted to repair Panasonic Diskman SL-MV60.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Panasonic Diskman stopped working when some small ants went inside it one day and eat the little rubber shock pads (which mounts the lens mechanism). The burrs of rubber also appeared in the lens mechanism. Now after that the player didn't work - following points are there
1. After putting the audio cd, message comes "No disc" and the CD does not rotates either.
2. I have cleaned the lens mechanism many times using both air jet and little hot water. And it appers to be clean from inside the laser diode and senser. I have tried with fresh batteries and various CDs but nothoing works.
3. Only option seems to left is to change the lens mechanism but that also is not available in my place.

If anyone has encountered such problem or has some similar experiance, kindly offer any solution.
Thanks

Attachments

• image017.jpg
    image017.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 79
Kuldeep,

Is the lens still suspended in the right place.
U probably have done lot of unwanted things with overconfidence, sorry to say that.
The water u used for cleaning has probably left a film on the laser, how to know?

have u checked the ants have not laid any eggs on the PCB.
Heat the pcb under a 40W lamp for some time and try.

Gajanan Phadte

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.