mounting components that don't have brackets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This may sound like a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway as a potential rookie amp builder. I'll probably be building a P3A amp soon. I can use L-brackets to mount the heatsinks in the case. The actual amp boards mount on the heatsink. My transformer, being an EI type, has a mounting bracket built in, simple nuts and bolts will work here. My bridge rectifier will be the chassis mount type. My big question is mounting the filter caps. I have yet to see one with a bracket or other mounting device.

Bama
you can get those capacitor brackets at Mouser,Allied or Newark. I used two large ones to mount a cluster of six. See in pix...There is also always the option of sony bond (adhesive) or RTV silicone seal...

Attachments

• cap clamp.jpg
    cap clamp.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 80
You can get creative with cap mounts. I find that silicone glue, contact cement, and even hot-melt glue work well for holding caps that aren't too large.

For bigger caps you can install a post, maybe a long standoff, and use tie-wraps to hold the caps to it.

Drill a couple holes in the box and loop tie-wraps through them and around the cap(s).

So many ways...

I_F

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.