Best Interconnects?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I searched and the word comes up too many times in general conversation.

I looked around but suprisingly did not find any threads on them.

Everyone here talks about building their own interconnects for around $17 USD.

Anyone have some links? Or any on the famous speaker wire discussions?

Thanks

theAnonymous1 said:
Its easy to make good quality inexspensive interconnects, as long as you don't believe in magic.;)

These cost $5 and a bit of my time.......

http://i10.tinypic.com/2n8df9x.jpg

Those look almost exactly like the ones I made! I used silver plated teflon insulated wire. I can't hear any difference between them and any cheesy ones I've had bundled with tape decks, etc., but it was worth making them to try it. It took all of 1/2 hour...

I think the best interconnect cable is the shortest one that will fit.

If you want to make some like these, select a braiding pattern that pleases you visually and cut however many pieces of your favorite wire are required. Strip the ends and twist and solder them together, then start braiding. You can use as few as 3 wires (you could use 2 and twist them, but twisting tends to untwist), usually 2 for ground and 1 for hot.

I_F

Thanks...so just got giggles what makes them different than these:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/cab_pca_about.html

Reason I ask is I have an Outlaw ICBM and I bought those cables to go with it. 6 of them at the time.

They are kind of short, well very short. I should have some of my other stuff completed by the weekend and its a royal PITA to swap anything around.

I'd like a longer interconnect to be able to more freely move things and play around with some different options.

I do want something of equal audio quality. These interconnects are what I've listened to, and bad or good, they are going to be my reference as I try different things.

oh cool
i been looking for this thread (a big forum )

I got cat 5e
wound up ready to recieve plugs

Thanks alot for the guitar wire idea
I soldered one up outta the junk box
I swear there is a cleaner nicer sound to the highs with it
waiting for payday to hit the nearest store to make the cat5e cables for comparison.
Im also gonna give a set away to see what another guy thinks of them!

Thanks all

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.