Power supply cap brands & Specs - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2006, 03:03 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

I will give them a call as see what they say. i am going to have to save a few more pennies to get the big CDE's anyway. maybe the guys at duracap will cut me a deal or something.
Old 12th December 2006, 11:59 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I spoke with Duracap today. they were very nice. told me they no longer supply Classe as they are now made oversea's! that was interesting and they said they sold some caps to N.P. this year! that was also interesting.

They are going to look up the spec's on the caps i have and email me the details. they dont stock any caps so they couldnt help me with replacements but they were very willing to build me custom caps if i needed them! we did speak about another project and i may be in touch with them again. but i think i am just going to go with the big CDE's for the classe.

there is a slight discount if i buy 10 or more, i need 4, anybody else what to get in on some???

Zc
Old 13th December 2006, 01:36 AM   #13
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

shh. yes, I think I might have turned NP onto duracap about 6-8 months ago. I told him that he may as well buy from the source. And I still need to approach duracap about a custom project, with custom electrolyte and foils. My personal ideas on a BG replacement, as they have ceased production, so all bets and holds are off. At that point, no shame on leveraging the work into something else....

I have people I can go to in China, directly, with this. Big problem though. I'm not sure anyone in China can keep any secrets, no matter what has been signed by anyone. The paper carries no weight, so it should be ovious why that is. Makes the russians seem honest at times.
Old 13th December 2006, 10:10 AM   #14
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Try ampohm in the UK, they can also do custom caps, chokes etc... Contracts probably count for a bit more in t he UK.

I have used some of there polyprop caps, and they are first rate... not only in performance, but even the package had a onepiece durable plastic protection sleeve.. only the copper tips for soldering are exopsed... looks watertight. and 5% rateing at very low prices relatively speaking.

http://www.ampohm.co.uk/

Quote:
Ampohm Wound Products Ltd announces recent endeavours to assist automotive company in China have paid off

Ampohm Wound Products Ltd announces recent endeavours to assist automotive company in China have paid off.

Based in Launceston, Cornwall, Ampohm, which is part of the GSPK group of companies, has forged a new trading relationship with a significant automotive manufacturer located in the Shenzhen area of China. Manufacturing and supplying volume orders of two bespoke parts, Ampohm have customised a 1µF capacitor and a specially coated inductor to meet the specific needs of the automotive manufacturer.

This particular customer is just the latest in a long line of major global manufacturers placing orders with Ampohm since the introduction of their new website – www.ampohm.co.uk

Ampohm’s success is thanks to their impeccable reputation within industry for service and quality, providing custom made and bespoke assemblies to meet varying requirements across a variety of industries.

Rob Johnston, Director of Ampohm Wound Products Ltd commented – “We are all aware of the en-masse migration of manufacturing to low cost regions, and subsequently this is typically followed by the buyers. We at Ampohm are extremely pleased to have been in a position to quote and win business from a significant Chinese customer. The satisfaction is made greater when we know the factors that influenced the decision were quality and reliability.”
Old 13th December 2006, 06:01 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Well as it turns out the catalog page i was looking at had a typo that 46,000uf unit is 5-5/8 and not 4-5/8 so those will not fit.

I am going to have to go with the 30,000uf units, but even still thats 10K more uf then stock and they are cheaper too at $38.69 each. I think i am going to try and see if there is any interest in a group buy as the price drops to $34.89 each and 4 bucks is well 4 bucks.

Zc
Old 14th December 2006, 02:23 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Bill from Duracap emailed me the specs for the Classe caps today.

capacitance -----------20,000uf
voltage ----------- 70 vdc
surge V ----------- 90 vdc
dc leakage ----------- 6.0 ma
ESR -----------.022 ohm

dia -----------2.000 in.
length -----------4.125 in.

terminals -----------10-32 HP

Now that ESR # does not look like the specs i have been looking at. I need to dig up that catalog page and see what the specs are for the CDE caps i have been reviewing and see how that spec compares.

Zc
Old 30th October 2010, 07:22 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

I'd like my Belles 1 Series to have separate capacitors & RB for each channel. comes w/1 big RB & 2 LARGE 33,000mF Mallory's. 4 smaller caps providing greater total filtering w/be cool!

need screw tops; any suggestions on make & model?
Samsung 60" LED, Rotel RSP 1068, LG BD-C6500, Charter DVR, Denon LDP, TDM EXO->Hafler XL280/2 Belles 1s->Polk RTi A7 (Bi-amped!), Rotel 985 ->Polk CSi A6(Tri-amped!), Mackie 1400->DBX 15 Sub, Haf XL280->Polk RTi A1

Hide this!Advertise here!