2.4Ghz RF Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know how to build a 2.4Ghz amplifier to boost my silly weak but signal, and I’ve tried to contact the shops selling the stuff and no one reply’s. So that not so nice.

So do anyone know how to build a piece of monster RF amplifier, to have a huge coverage of my signal, and don’t worry about the security of intruders

A very high voltage power supply is required. Teledyne or MEC sells the driver TWT and also the Final TWT$$$$$. Waveguides gots to have waveguides. Now some way to modulate the RF Hmmm. **** now this is beginning to sound like the equipment I maintained while in the service" radar jamming amplifier". It would be a lot cheaper to move closer to the repeater tower.

P.S. Dont stand in front of the transmitting antenna or you will start cooking like popcorn..:hot:

Go for gain in the antenna system,MUCH easier than trying to build an amplifier for 2.4Ghz

I built a "cantenna" for my WiFi card,get a solid 10dB gain from it.
Cost was under $10,and an afternoon of work.Much better signal.

My friend made one that was even longer,welded up from some 3" exhaust pipe..Said he could get a solid 20-24dB of gain from it!

There are some one-chip MMIC RF amplifiers that will work at 2.4Ghz,Look up some of the MiniCircuits parts MAR/MAV,etc. Most have a bandwidth of DC-3Ghz.
Very simple to use,but again,layout at those frequencies will be critical.

Just for interest sake I’m sitting 1meter from my access point every day then on pc, will that be dangerous to me? It’s operating almost 24/7 and have a max TX power of 100mA

I want to Buy that BA24j - Indoor, 500mW 2.4 GHz amplifier but I’m not getting any responds from the suppliers, so I’m a bit miffed about that, It’s probally because I’m located in South Africa so for years if I want something rather build it

I also want to build a antenna but where do you get the connecters for the that small bnc of something, I’m in South Africa their you get nothing like that you must import that stuff probably and I already have like millions of homemade antenna plans but don’t have any smart connecters, so that suck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.