Transmitters without transistors or Tubes - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th November 2006, 09:07 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Transmitters without transistors or Tubes

Hi,

Do anyone of you know if a you can build a transmitter operating at +- 88Mhz or higher, like in the Ghz range
And it must all work without any transistors or tubes, must only work with coils,caps, resistors,crystals or slow stables oscillators like the 555 timer IC and any other new homemade switching technology hidden in somebody’s electronic master’s closet are welcome

I want to discover something cool like the Klystron tube, it can operate @ 3Ghz
And normal tubes probably not, it’s like in the Hz – KHz range

This is a unique device for me “The Klystron tube” weird but wicked

So what de Advantage/Disadvantage of going to HF like higher than 50GHz to 500Ghz of even to the THz Range

check out a picture of a MJ2955 Transistor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rimg0004.jpg (68.0 KB, 206 views)
Old 25th November 2006, 07:50 AM   #2
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

How about a tunnel diode?

Or you could make a spark transmitter.
Old 25th November 2006, 09:16 AM   #3
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: Transmitters without transistors or Tubes

Quote:
Originally posted by jacquesl
Do anyone of you know if a you can build a transmitter operating at +- 88Mhz or higher, like in the Ghz range.
Why?
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 25th November 2006, 09:40 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Good question, pinkmouse

I want to design the new technology device, I don’t want to have any limits like example - 2N2222 “HIGH SPEED SWITCHES” @ only 100Mhz transition frequency, it wont work for me. It must be unlimited transition frequency.
And maybe somewhere there is a hidden technology to be discovered by someone, the new age type controllable materials or elements to be discovered, like a semiconductor is cool, but if you look at the old tubes it’s also cool but transistors is probably better to use, now what comes after the transistors?

Tubes – Transistors - ??

My main idea is to design a new type of transmitter and receiver working on alien technology, for data communication purpose only.

A spark cap transmitter operates @ to low frequency and has a lot of barriers to hinders the signal.

Like a 1Thz CPU maybe not so small like a mPGA478B socket CPU “3cm X 3cm” but faster, and a lot cheaper maybe

Will it be worth it to spend years in this technology?
Old 25th November 2006, 07:29 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Seems that laser meets your criteria.
Good luck
Old 25th November 2006, 07:55 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I_Forgot , The 555 Timer IC / Crystal must only be there to provide a stable Controllable frequency oscillation unit, only if frequency multiplying will be used, but it will mostly need transistors, in stages.

And I don’t want to use that.

My dream “Direct oscillation, and just apply some input power”

This tunnel diode thing tickles me, how does this thing work, how do you open or close the thing

I don’t understand this Circuit, how can this galvanized steel wire against a piece of aluminum create a negative resistance device, similar to a tunnel diode

http://home.earthlink.net/~lenyr/ntype-nr.htm

Can it be like a fast relay operating at a nm gap, the smaller the gap the faster switching ability it have
Ever thought of that ?
Old 25th November 2006, 08:07 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

darkfenriz, I don’t understand that laser one?

Does it have anything to do with the wavelength size, like 300Ghz @ 1mm or even like 300EHz @ 1pm

Hide this!Advertise here!