Transmitters without transistors or Tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Do anyone of you know if a you can build a transmitter operating at +- 88Mhz or higher, like in the Ghz range
And it must all work without any transistors or tubes, must only work with coils,caps, resistors,crystals or slow stables oscillators like the 555 timer IC and any other new homemade switching technology hidden in somebody’s electronic master’s closet are welcome

I want to discover something cool like the Klystron tube, it can operate @ 3Ghz
And normal tubes probably not, it’s like in the Hz – KHz range

This is a unique device for me “The Klystron tube” weird but wicked

So what de Advantage/Disadvantage of going to HF like higher than 50GHz to 500Ghz of even to the THz Range

check out a picture of a MJ2955 Transistor

Attachments

• rimg0004.jpg
    rimg0004.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 222
Good question, pinkmouse

I want to design the new technology device, I don’t want to have any limits like example - 2N2222 “HIGH SPEED SWITCHES” @ only 100Mhz transition frequency, it wont work for me. It must be unlimited transition frequency.
And maybe somewhere there is a hidden technology to be discovered by someone, the new age type controllable materials or elements to be discovered, like a semiconductor is cool, but if you look at the old tubes it’s also cool but transistors is probably better to use, now what comes after the transistors?

Tubes – Transistors - ??

My main idea is to design a new type of transmitter and receiver working on alien technology, for data communication purpose only.

A spark cap transmitter operates @ to low frequency and has a lot of barriers to hinders the signal.

Like a 1Thz CPU maybe not so small like a mPGA478B socket CPU “3cm X 3cm” but faster, and a lot cheaper maybe

Will it be worth it to spend years in this technology?

I_Forgot , The 555 Timer IC / Crystal must only be there to provide a stable Controllable frequency oscillation unit, only if frequency multiplying will be used, but it will mostly need transistors, in stages.

And I don’t want to use that.

My dream “Direct oscillation, and just apply some input power”

This tunnel diode thing tickles me, how does this thing work, how do you open or close the thing

I don’t understand this Circuit, how can this galvanized steel wire against a piece of aluminum create a negative resistance device, similar to a tunnel diode

http://home.earthlink.net/~lenyr/ntype-nr.htm

Can it be like a fast relay operating at a nm gap, the smaller the gap the faster switching ability it have
Ever thought of that ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.