The more things change....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any "true" audiophile would not be able to muster sufficient self deprication to write such an article. He rather was, what I refer to as hifi redneck.
One that doesn't believe in cable sound and thinks 20 - 20kHz are sufficient bandwidth for the human ears, and all that a turntable has to do to sound good is low rumble and constant speed.

Based on years spend aimlessly on audioforums here and in germany:

Cables make a world of difference - any cable at less than 500$/pair cannot be good. And a really good cable doubles the value of the equipment (sometimes it does - considering prices)

Shun mook discs work, so does anything you can place on top of a unit used for "sound" reproduction (not sound reproduction), magic pebbles included.

Units that alter the room air make a significant difference (don't ask how they change the room air)

The seating position has to be measured in and is only to be changed when a new piece of equipment is added.

Turntables at price levels above 5000$ have magical qualities - the blacks get blacker......

The colour of the frontplate for sure does influence the sound, so do knobs turned from wood

Cables have to be suspended so not to be excited by floor vibrations

Silver solder (at 4% content) has significant influence on the sound...

Any blinded tests confirming any of the above claims are a work of satan and to be shunned, their proponents to be sprinkled with the highly refined quartz sand to be used in you speaker stand...

I could go on - but I guess you get my drift...

I noticed you didn't mention elevating the amplifier to ease the electron flow nor did you mention how the colour and luminescence of the LED's affect the ambiance. I feel those should be included.

You are right, of course, but there are so many things out there and each influences this ominous thing
S O U N D in a multifacetted way that one has a hard time to keep track of things...too many tweaks, too little time...the true audiophiles live is one to feel sorry about...lets pass the hat..

JohnG said:
I approve of that page!!!!! (The author IS QUITE into good sound)

Cal Weldon said:
If you have a definition for that I would appreciate it. They wouldn't accept my definition when I applied for a hunting license.
Well many ppl have different opinions on what an AUDIOPHILE is.....

My opinion is: Someone who knows the true beauty of an analogue signal (Either audio/video) -- Nothing will give you AS GOOD quality as ANALOGUE.. (Analog is NATURAL while digital is man made and doesnt produce as good results!)

Digital is fine for some things! (Digital Watchs,etc) but for video and audio,ANALOG IS AND ALWAYS WAS THE BEST! (Techinally)

Last edited:
If you watch analogue black and white TV then the picture is sampled (in the vertical direction, by the lines). Analogue colour TV has horizontal sampling too (phosphor layout). FM broadcast has probably been delivered to the transmitter via a digital system.

Done properly, digital is good. It just has different weaknesses from analogue.

I guess that means I am not a true audiophile. That's good; I can continue to make fun of them!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.