CD collection, ?BMG - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2006, 05:07 PM   #11
gychang is offline gychang  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cowanrg
for cds, ive found (aside from local shops) ebay and amazon.com to be good. amazon.com has a used sectiion. just search for stuff like you normally would, but it will say "x number from $1 and up used" or something like that... ive bought many cds that way.
thanks for the tip.

gychang
Old 7th December 2006, 07:20 PM   #12
kec is offline kec  United States
diyAudio Member

gychang,

Since you live in SoCal (like me), I would recommend the monthly (first Sunday of every month) record show in Pasadena (they have lots of vinyl, but also lots of CDs and DVDs). If you (or anyone else) is interested let me know.

I've been going there for years and have got quite of few deals. For instance, I'd been looking for John Lurie's Excess Baggage soundtrack (score really), but couldn't find anywhere (for a reasonable price that is). I found it at the show for $1. Used, but in mint condition.

I also found the Apollo 13 Academy score for $7. Excellent score I must say. It's my 3rd copy. First one I paid $50 years ago off eBay - it's a pretty rare score.

Now I'm spoiled and don't want to pay anymore than $5 for a standard disc

-Ken
Old 7th December 2006, 08:22 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

It is quite a drive from Irvine to Pasadena, but if they have really good deals I might do it at least once to get to know it. Where is it located and what are the hours?
Old 7th December 2006, 08:44 PM   #14
kec is offline kec  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by grimberg
It is quite a drive from Irvine to Pasadena, but if they have really good deals I might do it at least once to get to know it. Where is it located and what are the hours?
Yeah, it's a bit farther from Irvine - I'm in Buena Park so it's about 35 minutes for me.

The record/cd show (as well as the normal swap meet) is located at:

Pasadena City College Flea Market & Record Swap
1570 E Colorado Blvd (Colorado & Bonnie), Pasadena, CA (626)585-7906

I think the hours are 8:00AM - 3:00PM. Most people are set up by 7:00AM.

-Ken
Old 8th December 2006, 11:12 AM   #15
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

So Gychang, those BIBS have you wanting to buy new CDs? Great! Good speakers will do that.

I say stay away from BMG. Junk, most of it. Like that bad old days of Columbia house and their cheap junk vinyl pressings - and the cassettes were worse!

Now days I get my stuff from Amazon - great selection, Ebay - great deals, and some local shops.
Another source I really like is Acoustic Sounds. Lots of primo stuff, great reviews, good email news letter. Well worth your time to look at.

Anyone remember CDNOW? They ruled, until Amazon swallowed them up.
Old 8th December 2006, 11:57 PM   #16
Thunau is offline Thunau  United States
diyAudio Member

Once you own a few CD's sign up with lala.com. It's a CD trading place that costs you 1.75 per CD traded. That covers shipping (they provide envelopes and CD shells) and their commission.
You post your collection and a wish list. They match your collection with other members' wish list and let you know that you have something others want. Every time you send someone one of your CD's, someone else who has CD's on your wish list will send you one. It is a great way to listen to a lot of music for cheap. You can always make MP3s or copies of the CDs you put up for trade. You lose the original packaging.
I traded quite a few CD's so far and never got ripped off.

Hide this!Advertise here!