setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what do you guyz think?: amp:50 watt sovtek tube(has BALLS!) it has a 16 ohm out an 8 ohm out and a 4 ohm out. I run a 4x10 cab(50 watt) out of thr 8 0hm out. (amp has high/low input) i wanna run 2, 8 ohm cabs (150watt rms) out of the 16 ohm out, the cabs each have a 12 and a tweeter (3x4 i think). i also will be running two tweeter cabs each w/ 8 4x4 tweeters in it, the info on the speakers said they would not effect ohm load, they'll be run from the 4 0hm. is this a bad idea? or will it sound good....?:confused:

So, let me get this straight, you want to hook up all six sets of speakers at the same time to the amp?!?!? If my understanding of this is correct, and my (admittedly, limited) understanding of the output on your amp is correct, this is a bad idea!!! From my understanding of tube amps, you hook up one set of speakers to one output only! I don't know what you're suggesting will do, but I don't think it will be good! But then again, I could be completely off-base. (But I don't think so)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.