Audigy 2ZS soundcard - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th November 2006, 03:22 PM   #1
diyAudio Moderator

Default Audigy 2ZS soundcard

Hi folks, I wonder if anyone can help. My Windows box just fell over spectacularly, and I had to reinstall XP. I'm using a S/H Audigy card that didn't come with the application CD, but as before I downloaded the drivers from Creative and got up and running. However, I seem to have a bit of an issue, in that I can't get any signal on line in without turning up the Line In channel on the playback Volume control panel. Surely this is just an internal tap on the signal, and not another input control? I don't seem to remember having to do this before when I was running it, but I used quickmix when I first set it up and can't recall the exact settings I had.

Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: png playback.png (14.0 KB, 135 views)
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 13th November 2006, 03:32 PM   #2
diyAudio Moderator

And the record settings:
Attached Images
File Type: png record.png (12.2 KB, 124 views)
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 13th November 2006, 03:41 PM   #3
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

does it not have a booster tick box under the advanced tab?
Old 13th November 2006, 03:59 PM   #4
diyAudio Moderator

On the line in, this is what I have:
Attached Images
File Type: png advanced.png (12.3 KB, 124 views)
Old 13th November 2006, 06:33 PM   #5
Bricolo is offline Bricolo  France
diyAudio Member

what do you mean by getting a signal on line in? do you mean recording it?

then, you have 2 choices:
-in recording, select "what you hear, then in "playback" select line in
-in recording, select analog mix, then in advanced you certainly have to select line in

btw, since you're using a soundblaster soundcard, you'd rather use the kx drivers set if your card is compatible, they are soooo much better
Old 13th November 2006, 06:37 PM   #6
diyAudio Moderator

What do the KX drivers do that the Creative ones don't?
Old 13th November 2006, 07:03 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

asio with lower latency, custom routing of signals, the ability to send a completely different signal to every jack connector (every jack appears as a standalone stereo device in windows)

and the list goes on
Old 13th November 2006, 07:56 PM   #8
diyAudio Moderator

Thanks.

Do they work with Speaker Workshop?
Old 13th November 2006, 11:15 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I assume so, if speaker workshop uses the soundcard like a windows driver, that's ok

if it uses special tricks available with creative labs drivers, then it couldn't work.

but I think it works, you'll still have a soundcard seen as a windows multimedia device. you'll just have much more possibilities (I think you can even play one file to all outputs, and define your own code to apply effects to specific outputs) an example could be a low passed output on the jack1, band pass on jack2 and high pass on jack3
Old 14th November 2006, 10:26 AM   #10
soongsc is offline soongsc  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
Thanks.

Do they work with Speaker Workshop?
I recall the 2ZS has some specific settings necessary for it to work, probably looking throught the RMAA site will help.

Hide this!Advertise here!