Cats chewing cables!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This cat is unreal! So far she's eaten two cell phone chargers, a laptop charger, a set of computer speakers, and she's started on my surround sound speaker wires.

Does ANYBODY know why cats chew on wires, and what can be done to stop it? :bawling:

By the way- I've re-spliced almost all of the chewed wires, but I worry that some day she'll chew through something dangerous. I try to keep everything out of reach, but sometimes it's just not practical.

I couldn't remember if I asked this before, so I searched the forum. This seems to be a new topic. Thanks in advance, all.

I have four furry babies and what one does, the rest seem to do.

Give them an alternative. A scratching post, rabbit-fur chew toy, etc. I wouldn't recommend a ball of string, since 1) they'll see the wire as more string and 2) they can choke on it.

Houses with cats need the same "child proofing" as one with kids do. Redress the cables so they are out of sight works best. Always remember this simple rule, "Out of kitty sight, out of kitty mind" :D

Good luck!

My cat loves to chew mainly on interconnect cables for some reason.
Her favorite was a pair of Monster M1000i which has dozens & dozens of small holes/bite marks all along the outer insulation.
She's just started on my new pair of XLO's, Just won't buy any more expensive cables, I guess.....

My cat loves to chew mainly on interconnect cables for some reason. Her favorite was a pair of Monster M1000i which has dozens & dozens of small holes/bite marks all along the outer insulation. She's just started on my new pair of XLO's, Just won't buy any more expensive cables, I guess..

But Does the M1000i sound better now :)

If it does try feeding the cat some resistors and later collect them, who knows

luwak coffee

Regards
James

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.