Please help identify this amp

I just got a classy looking amp from a friend. It obviously has two blown transistors because the resistors next to them are all burnt out. Anyway, the label on the chassis reads

No. 18300
MODEL DPA150-2

if anyone can identify this amp, please let me know. I would like to get the schematics for it so i can fix it. (It’s hard to read the numbers on the transistors...)

Here is a picture of the amp am talking about. Please let me know if its worth trying to fix...i.e what should i expect in terms of power and quality once its fixed....and where to find information about it.
Thanks in advance....

Attachments

• dpa150.jpg
    dpa150.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 255
I just got a classy looking amp from a friend. It obviously has two blown transistors because the resistors next to them are all burnt out. Anyway, the label on the chassis reads

No. 18300
MODEL DPA150-2

if anyone can identify this amp, please let me know. I would like to get the schematics for it so i can fix it. (It’s hard to read the numbers on the transistors...)
I was just given one of these amps. It obviously has a bad filter cap. I wonder if you ever found any information on they device?

Most circuits are generic, based on the output devices.
Start from that.
TO-3, so 3055, or MJ series. Or European equivalents, very rarely Soviet (!).

Voltage will give you further clues.
Measure Hfe, and so on.

Also, check what brand caps are used, their origin will be a further clue. Just might be Japanese.

Not really outstanding, you can use the power supply for another output type, replace with generic transistor boards, or Class D modules.

Repairing old boards made in a small workshop scale factory, with average quality parts is not rewarding, in my opinion.

Last edited: