What are your avatars? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd November 2006, 10:05 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Mine is Carol Beer (cough)

No, I am not Daffyd

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 2nd November 2006, 10:42 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cal Weldon
Terry,

I'm glad we don't live any closer. If I saw you more, I think my stomach would hurt too much....
That makes two of us Click the image to open in full size.
Old 2nd November 2006, 11:31 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Mine is a USAF military patch that I was authorized to wear for a period of my 20 years of active duty. I was a F-15 "Eagle "electronic warefare technician. I am retired now." We be jammin"
Old 3rd November 2006, 02:16 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Mine is a VF-143 "Pukin' Dogs" F-14. I was fortunate enough to fly Tomcats for almost 1,000 hours during my 24 year active/reserve Navy career before retiring from the service.

It took us a dozen or so loops in formation to get this almost vertical shot. We were somewhere in the Puerto Rican Op Area, IIRC. We saved gas for the whole hop so we could do this and head back to USS Boat. We couldn't bring the gas back aboard so at least we had some fun with it.

It was sad to see the Tomcat retired recently, but they were getting just too maintenance intensive. Eagles have been around as long, but don't get the beating we did on the carriers.
Old 3rd November 2006, 02:25 AM   #15
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Mine Is me
Old 3rd November 2006, 02:41 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Mine is a family herb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Herb_Jez.jpg

One more version:

http://www.tatarzy.tkb.pl/historia/herb/15.htm

Old 3rd November 2006, 03:51 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Bobellis
Tomcats were badass. Friend of mine was a crewchief for tomcats on the on the Nimitz. The future looks like F-22 Raptors and F-18 Superhornets.I was a intermediate level repair tech.ie backshopper. primary TEWS secondary all other manual and automatic test stations. Worked on F-15A,B,C,D,E & S's " S" Saudi and 6 red/white&blue F-16's Thunderbirds (DEEC TCTO). I was stationed at Eglin AFB,Florida / Bitburg AB,West Germany and Keflavik NAS.Iceland And also Saudi Arabia Desert Storm and Operation " Southern Watch". It was a real adventure, kinda miss it sometimes. Now I just build big amplifiers to PO my neighbors.
Old 3rd November 2006, 04:32 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Mine is a close up of the uber blue led on the front of my amp or is that 10 nano seconds after the big bag?

best too all
John
Old 3rd November 2006, 06:04 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Mine is of the 1619 I.T. drivig 809 in A2, all DC heat, 3.1 watt/ch SET amp I cobbled together from almost entirely parts I had kicking around (only had to buy filament supply electrolytics) almost a year ago. Circuit is entirely my own parafeed, ultrapath, kinda monkey design. Best sounding tube amp I ever made.

Best sounding amp I own.

Sometimes one gets really lucky It sounded horrible at first light, like a Western Electric amplifier ``Number Please?``, but just a few short hours later playing with first stage pentode over to triode and developing a global NFB circuit with frequency tilt it sounded good in the lab and looked good on the o-scope. Packed it into the wooden base and shuffled it off to the house where once connected to my best speakers my sore jaw told me I had nailed it!. Haven`t touched it since.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glamor.jpg (41.1 KB, 425 views)
On April 01,2012, my radioastronomy Project TARGET SETI search succeeded. The signal came via extradimensional subspace, not radio waves. I now get a lot of 'visitors'. I took my avatar pic of one friend watching me in my work yard from just 20 ft. away.
Old 3rd November 2006, 06:27 AM   #20
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

My avatar is a alien, a real creap

It's Lithops Optica which is a living stone from South Africa. Many people have asked me about it because it looks like something else. Lithops are really nice plants
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lithops_succseed.jpg (19.1 KB, 457 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!