Tactical Transducers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th October 2006, 04:36 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to punkrokr1701 Send a message via MSN to punkrokr1701 Send a message via Yahoo to punkrokr1701
Question Tactical Transducers

There are alot of tactical transducers out there and I haven't actually felt one work yet but from what I've heard of them they add a whole new demension to the Home Theather experience.

Anyways, I'm looking in purchasing one and I' was curious as to which one to get because I don't want to get one that will leave me utterly dissapionted. I'm looking at getting the Buttkicker2 LFE but I just want to be sure that it is by far the bnest one.

Which of the tactical transducers out there is by far the most powerful and will have me having to hold on to the cahir when something nlows up?

If you know me from other posts you'll know I'm a bassoholic and I settle for nothing less than the most powerful bass so I want to get one that I will be able to call the most powerful one out there when I see the look on a friends face when they sit down not exspecting there body the be shook to peices by the chair.
Old 30th October 2006, 04:56 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

" tactical " ... meaning tactial as in feeling or sensing of the signal through your fingers or bones or ...

The "but" kicking sub woofers that directly couple to your chair (as seen at the CES shows) might be a good example ... or those new proctology inserts for computer gamers ...

(I believe the word "tactical" means someting more akin to a military action ... "But" we get what you mean )
Old 31st October 2006, 02:50 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. There's tactile equiptment on the market made for professional installs that run into the thousands of dollars.

I think somethng like the Clark Synthesis TST429 Platinum Transducer is a good compromise of cost and power. You can always buy more of them if one isn't enough.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-864
Old 31st October 2006, 10:54 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to punkrokr1701 Send a message via MSN to punkrokr1701 Send a message via Yahoo to punkrokr1701
hmm, looks nice hell 950 ft lbs is alot of power but does anyone have an esimate on what the buttkicker puts ou is terms of ft lbs? I'm a Buttkicker fan even though I haven't even tried them yet,lol.
Old 31st October 2006, 11:11 AM   #5
diyAudio Moderator

My latest tactical transducer. Unfortunately you need an awful lot of them for 44.1K stereo, and I still haven't quite solved the single ended nature of their reproduction. Nice and loud though...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg buzzbomb.jpg (13.8 KB, 117 views)
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 1st November 2006, 11:22 AM   #6
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
Nice and loud though...
But it's the awful buzz I can't stand.
Old 6th November 2006, 10:24 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Probably has a ground loop problem causing the buzzzzzzzzzzzz
this is the ultimate tactical.Just a wee bit more the 950 ft/lb.
Attached Images
File Type: png nuclear_mushroom[1].png (75.1 KB, 71 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!