ruben's tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bluebeard said:
What's up? I searched the site for "rubens tube" and "ruben's tube" and returned nothing. This seems to happen frequently. Am I doing something wrong?

Yes,
I'd like to know how Cal Weldon could find that topic ...
Because no matter what 'Ruben expression' I try, I cant find that topic, using forum search.

Maybe Cal Weldon used google for searching.
Maybe like: "ruben's tube" diyaudio
Often is much easier to find www.diyaudio.com topics using www.google.com
:att'n:

This no-filter Google search gives 39.400 hits, for "ruben's tube"
http://www.google.com/search?q="ruben's+tube"&num=100&filter=0

lineup

Greetings
I am building a Ruben's Tube. How to Make a Rubens Tube - YouTube I have built a prototype. I used 6' by 4" galvanized duct, LP piped in one end, latex over the other end with a small cd player facing the latex. It worked great. Johnny Cash Ring of Fire really jumped the those flames!!! It does not take a big speaker to work those flames. It will be good for small groups. A proper design could place in a enclosed fireplace on natural gas.
It is a flimsy setup, the latex has caught on fire. The next one will be out stainless steel tube with sturdy legs that will hold up to being tied to the truck, hauled to a party and burned for a couple of hours.
Fabrication and construction is not a problem. The sound system is where I need some help.
I would like to mount a speaker in the tube for a sleeker look. The speaker will need to be small and able to withstand the heat. I will make it easy to replace the speaker.
Is there a speaker that will work for this application?
If I cannot mount a speaker in the tube. Is there a material that can replace the latex, and not catch on fire?
Thanks Tony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.