ruben's tube - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th October 2006, 07:18 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default ruben's tube

Interesting video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...46969342&hl=en

Someone once described hydraulics as "caveman electronics" because of it's elementary similarities.

I guess this could be described as caveman spectrum analysis.
But it's fun. So how would the insurance company respond to burning down the garage while tuning your latest ported project?
Old 30th October 2006, 02:56 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Someone else has thought about them too.

Ruben's tube with water?
Old 30th October 2006, 03:15 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

What's up? I searched the site for "rubens tube" and "ruben's tube" and returned nothing. This seems to happen frequently. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 30th October 2006, 05:22 PM   #4
lineup is offline lineup  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bluebeard
What's up? I searched the site for "rubens tube" and "ruben's tube" and returned nothing. This seems to happen frequently. Am I doing something wrong?
Yes,
I'd like to know how Cal Weldon could find that topic ...
Because no matter what 'Ruben expression' I try, I cant find that topic, using forum search.

Maybe Cal Weldon used google for searching.
Maybe like: "ruben's tube" diyaudio
Often is much easier to find www.diyaudio.com topics using www.google.com

This no-filter Google search gives 39.400 hits, for "ruben's tube"
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22ru...m=100&filter=0

lineup
Old 30th October 2006, 07:39 PM   #5
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

I didn't search, I remembered the thread. We have heard some concerns about the search but I think much of difficuties will be ironed out once the new system is up and running. Dan has been working very hard on this to get it right. Thanks for your patience.
Old 31st October 2006, 09:40 AM   #6
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

And while we're on the subject of flames controlled by sound - why not sound contolled by flames?

I have a CD with Michel Moglia's Orgue a Feu (Fire Organ) on it. Often called a Pryrophone. Pretty wild.

You can see the fire organ here:
http://www.orgue-a-feu.com/index_eng.htm

Very impressive stuff!
Old 24th October 2012, 02:03 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Greetings
I am building a Ruben's Tube. How to Make a Rubens Tube - YouTube I have built a prototype. I used 6' by 4" galvanized duct, LP piped in one end, latex over the other end with a small cd player facing the latex. It worked great. Johnny Cash Ring of Fire really jumped the those flames!!! It does not take a big speaker to work those flames. It will be good for small groups. A proper design could place in a enclosed fireplace on natural gas.
It is a flimsy setup, the latex has caught on fire. The next one will be out stainless steel tube with sturdy legs that will hold up to being tied to the truck, hauled to a party and burned for a couple of hours.
Fabrication and construction is not a problem. The sound system is where I need some help.
I would like to mount a speaker in the tube for a sleeker look. The speaker will need to be small and able to withstand the heat. I will make it easy to replace the speaker.
Is there a speaker that will work for this application?
If I cannot mount a speaker in the tube. Is there a material that can replace the latex, and not catch on fire?
Thanks Tony

Hide this!Advertise here!