Am I obsessed with my hobby?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not sure if this is the section to post this so please be kind. I am wondering if my electronics hobby is taking over my life??? all i want to do is sit down and design / build / test electronic circuits. I am finding less and less time for my girlfriend and I end up telling her "just another minute" then 2 hours later i realize what time it is. I was just wondering if any of you out there in relationships have dealt with this, and how do you manage your time between yout carrers and life to work on big electronic projects.

Sorry for the somewhat sappy thread.

Dave,

Right now she demands attention because you guys are still dating. If you want more time on your hands, just marry her, wait a few years, then she'll completely ignore you. By then, just lock yourself in the garage, and work on your projects. Dang, I can be a professional hobby counselor on the side...

Hong - married and enjoying hobby.

get married, have children, renovate house, work... try that and do electronics :)

I still manage to do some electronic bizzo from about 9pm to midnight some nights, then sleep till 5am then 3yr old child wakes you up, then it's all on...

it's a mater of priorety, if designing circuits is more interesting than you GF, then maybe get another GF :xeye: , unless she's happy with what you do, then hang onto that one. :D

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Women can please you in ways electronics can't ;) I do this exact same thing with my girlfriend sometimes: "I end up telling her "just another minute" then 2 hours later i realize what time it is." It's ok to do it once in a while but you have to realize what's really important in life. You can always get back into this hobby, you can't always get back with a girl...

Attachments

• 2754-1.jpg
    2754-1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 85
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.