Just got a soldering kit...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got a soldering kit from radio shack. I includes the following:

1: 30W soldering iron
2: stand
3: heatsink clamp
4: soldering tool (pick-like thing)
5: solder sample

As an extra, I bought a desoldering tool. It is one of those pump-like things that you push in the rod and then push the button and then THWIBP!

Think that 30W is enough?

that kit is alright for fast jobs, when that soldering iron burns out get yourself a Solder Station. it costs more but there made for constant use.

i allways cook radio shack irons.--fizzz pop:D

cheers

Attachments

• fp102.jpg
    fp102.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 166
Radio Shack Iron

I have had a 45 watt Rad Shack for over 10 years! I have left it on for days on end by error several times. Oops. Some times it comes up short on power but I have a big gun type that I pull out ocassionaly.

They way things are going lately, I just may drop $200 on a good station.

I think your purchase is good until you outgrow it.

Cheers,

Shawn.

Yeah... I think that an old one would work perfectly. The problem is, America has had a lot of time for the buisinessworld to think out all these ways to rip people, though there are still some places who stay true to their word. Karma saying that he always cooks soldering irons from Radio Shack and everyone else saying that their 10-20 year old ones haven't quit lead me to think that the quality has suffered slightly...
The CEO has changed recently, though, so maybe we can expect another period of quality wares. Most of what they sell isn't too bad, though, as I have bought some non-component products there and I'm completely satisfied!

Not trying to be mean or overcritical, as I can be sometimes which can lead me into challenging authority and ultimately cause an uncomfortable feeling of poor self-esteem. Sorry if it sounds horrible but I guess it's the price I pay for being who I am... :bawling:

keantoken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.