Merry Christmas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oftentimes, people use the X in X-Mas as a way of attempting to agnosticize Christmas. No such luck, as the X, the Greek "chi", and the "rho" (looks like a "p") are the first two letters in the name of Christ. Add them together and you get the "chi-rho" which was an important symbol in the early Christian church. The iconography abounds in the mideast with the "chi - rho" symbol, an "X" encased in a circle, used to discretely signify a Christian dwelling, or gathering place. I am always amused by people who want to get the "X" out of Christmas, perhaps they should still teach greek in high school.

tortello said:
... only a doubt:X-MAS is the balanced version of... what? :D
Please, Nelson, explain!:angel:

cowanrg said:
this is my first xmas spent completely alone :-(

kinda a downer, but thank goodness for the internet!

all my friends have gone away for xmas, and i cant visit family becuase i work in sales, so i have to stick around here. bummer.
If you have to be stuck somewhere, Boulder's not a bad choice. Beautiful city. Merry Christmas!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.