All-In One Audio Processing Options? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2006, 11:19 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Red GTi VR6 Send a message via AIM to Red GTi VR6 Send a message via MSN to Red GTi VR6 Send a message via Yahoo to Red GTi VR6
Default All-In One Audio Processing Options?

Hey all -

First post here, hoping it won't be my last.

I have a slightly different situation in which I need some assistance in finding a solution.

I currently compete in Car Audio on a national level. I compete in Sound Quality. This is where we strive to achieve an accurate reproduction of the sound stage in a car. I'm currently running a CarPC as my source unit. I do not have a head unit in my vehicle at all. I'm running an Alpine PXA-H701 processor. This unit has the following:
  • 31-Band Graphic Equalizer
  • 6/12/18/24/30dB/OFF Selectable Crossover
  • Auto, Digital and Manual Time Correction
  • Independently Adjustable Channel Level
  • Subwoofer Level Control
  • Phase control

Among other things, but these are the main features I'm needing. I don't care about 5.1 in the car. I care about stereo sound and the ability to tune on a finite level.

I've found the following software for cross-over functions: http://www.thuneau.com

I've found various 31-band EQ programs out there.

I'm wondering if there is a single piece of software that exists out there that might be able to do all of this.

I also need to be able to dictate what each channel of the sound card will send to the amplifiers. Since I'm running a set of seperates up front this season (two-way), and will be moving to a 3 way set-up next season, I need to be able to dictate what signals each output will send.

I know about this piece of software: http://www.console.jp/ However, it's in Japanese, and unfortunately I don't speak Japanese. I've also been told that it's been around a year since the software was last updated, making me wonder if it's been put on hold or if development has ceased on it.

I figured someone on this board would be able to point me in the right direction for what I'm looking for. I understand that this solution will most likely come from the pro audio relm. At this point, I'm open to all software options, I'm not considering price at the moment, I just want to get a list together of my options then go from there.

Any help that anyone would be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Feel free to IM/PM/or email me if you prefer.

Jan
Old 17th October 2006, 11:57 PM   #2
diyAudio Moderator

A little light reading for you.

Audax Pr170m0 And Pr300m0
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Hide this!Advertise here!