What software except ltspice for schematics design (no simulations, just layout)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I've been browsing around the net and here for a software suite that let's me draw components (prefer drag and drop like in SPICE), insert arrows, mark a section, and allows printing of it all. I have found none recommended, that also fulfills that it is:
Cross-platform or can be emulated in Linux using Wine.
Any type of license is ok

Orcad: Doesn't work in Wine
LTspice: Slow, uglyish when writing text, hard to use draw functions and arrows
Dia: Hard to handle and resize the resistors in particular - easily gets out of proportion.

What might work: MS Visio - lots of customization and possibilities

Does anyone know of any other software? It's for project uses.

I'm especially interested in knowing what is used for schematics in this: http://www.circuithut.com/index.php?/circuit/content/download/405/2310/file/Amplifier Design Document.pdf

Thank you very much. :) :cool:

Hi,
Thanks very much
Just tried it, there's a small issue i forgot to mention... when printing, it is printed to an PS printer (print to file). The labeling in Eagle appears not to be vector based, so it won't turn out well i'm afraid. Inserting components is also rather hard, because in this case needed opamps are just a generic no-name opamps... But it's impressive what this software can do nonetheless. :)

I love Visio Technical 5 plus (pre microsoft), if you can find an old copy give it a try, its very easy to use including designing your own libraries

It exports to the following file types:
AutoCAD .dwg .dfx .dwf
Adobe Illistrator .ai
Computer Graphics Metafile .cgm
Encapsultated Postscript .eps
Enhanced Metafile .emf
IGES Drawing File Format .igs
gif, jpg, pct, png, bmp, wmf, pcx html

Attached is a I did with it a while ago

Regards
James

Attachments

• wingate mosfet amp.zip
    68 KB · Views: 38
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.