Where can I find bass headphones. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd September 2006, 10:52 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to punkrokr1701 Send a message via MSN to punkrokr1701 Send a message via Yahoo to punkrokr1701
Question Where can I find bass headphones.

Ok, I've posted a post about a pair of speaker that I plan on making so if you've seen that then you'll know that I'm a big fan of bass.

So while my big speaker are in the making ( if you wanna see the progress check out my post )

Anways I'm looking for a set of headphones with a subwoofer.

I've only seen two thus farthe Skullcrusher headphones by Sullcandy and Evergreen Technologies' Force feedback Rumble Fx pair.

I really like the RumbleFX only thing is I can find nowhere to buy them, I tried the RumbleFX site and I'm sent to a recipes/cooking site.

By chance would anyone happen to know of a place where I can get these shipped to N.C.?

And does anyone know of any others that pump the bass into your head with subwoofers around here?
Old 22nd September 2006, 11:52 PM   #2
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

Headphones will never sound as bassy as a car sub, etc...

What is missing is the tactile sensation of bass. You can make a chair with bass shakers that will give you some of that - or you can use a regular subwoofer and experiment with a crossover frequency - perhaps as high as 200Hz or so...
Old 23rd September 2006, 12:04 AM   #3
Thunau is offline Thunau  United States
diyAudio Member

I tried headphones with a subwoofer and it works OK.
But the biggest difference in bass perception- ie the most realistic bass reproduction through headphones- I got from the Dolby headphone DSP algorithm. If you use Foobar as your media player, there is a foobar plugin that enables the use of dolby headphone dll that is included with some software DVD players.
You obviously don't get the chest resonance sensation that comes from moving some air, but my earbuds deliver very real bass using that plugin.
Plus with the Dolby DSP you get a room effect that makes headphone listening very pleasant and not fatiquing in the long run.
Old 23rd September 2006, 12:41 AM   #4
johndiy is offline johndiy  Greece
Banned

most big headphones are quite adequate with bass
you wont get the kind of bass however you would
otherwise get with loudspeakers made to have big
bass, there are limitations and compromises with
most headphones

after building many headphone amps and using a
variety of big headphones, i have found that there
are also some differences in the bass-end which
i think comes down to quality and design of the