usb dac/amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, erm so its been a few years since I've been to this forum, and even back then I was hugely impressed by the very technical nature of it. Now I'm back and I think its worse. :D As in i think I got dumber in the past couple years haha.

Im posting here cause its really off-topic of DIY. I'm looking for suggestions on DIY'rs that sell dac/amp combos that hookup to USB. Or just standalone dac/amps. I just bought a nice set of head phones. AKG K 701's and need something to drive them with. Off the shelf units can be had, but it seems to me that DIY'rs here are more on top on whats good in audio technology than most retailers.

So really just looking for suggestions in perhaps someone i could talk to, or even perhaps a suggestion on a particular design of dac/amp for my phones.

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.