Friday the 13th ... an anouncement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think those are the only 3 moderators that left the stage.

The way I see it, too many people take things personally. It's either their POV, or no other view. They can't adjust to a given situation and accept new circumstances. They can't give away their pride, they can't admit to a mistake (if they at all realise they've made one). For them their own ego is more important than DIYaudio and this forum. They leave and they want everybody to see they are leaving, why? Because leaving is their way to show dissatisfaction and dissapointment. I don't think we should be really missing such people. It's not us who loose by their departure. It is them.;) But it's also probably the only choice that makes them feel comfortable. We have to respect their decision.
They also show a lot of personal anger and at some point, this anger and frustration overshadows their ability to ignore certain people and situations. This causes that sooner or later they burn themself out and cannot enjoy our company anymore.

This is only my personal view and in no way is description of the above mentioned moderators. It is only an imaginary example which may be correct, or may be wrong.

I believe planet10 is off for a week end, well deserved BTW.

I know that he has some ideas regarding the way things be run here. My personal opinion is that SinBin thread should be left like it is now. This is very sad thread and is good for one thing only, it also has a certain atmosphere to it.:judge:

The other thread for comments and such is already open, and this one might well serve this purpose. But knowing people, they will open their own threads anyway when dissatisfied, because it just adds more importance to their requests.;)

Peter,

I agree on your comments, and of course people will open their own threads to fight any "unjust action", and the moderators will always have to comment or interfere, but as we all have experienced earlier, most of the misunderstandings and quarrels would never have occured, if the people just had noticed explanations or apologies already posted.

Having a dedicated place to display such important information would IMHO improve the situation significantly. One wouldn't have to read/search through 5 different threads to find a important moderators statement.

edit\
believe planet10 is off for a week end, well deserved BTW.
Sure :)

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
POVS

Hi everyone,

The way I see it, too many people take things personally. It's either their POV, or no other view. They can't adjust to a given situation and accept new circumstances. They can't give away their pride, they can't admit to a mistake (if they at all realise they've made one). For them their own ego is more important than DIYaudio and this forum. They leave and they want everybody to see they are leaving, why? Because leaving is their way to show dissatisfaction and dissapointment. I don't think we should be really missing such people. It's not us who loose by their departure. It is them.

Very wise words Peter!

You express my sentiments exactly in a very diplomatic way and display a lot of wisdom and maturity.;)

Bob4,

From what I have seen,the forum has made a giant step forward in the last months showing far greater tolerance and transparency.
Too many changes may get the older members a bit confused and I would love to see a bit of stability first.

If afterwards we see that further evolution is needed I think it will come naturally the way things are laid out right now.
I think that both Planet10 and Peter Daniel reserve a warm round of applause for all the work and time they have put into this.
And a big standing ovation for the man we all too easily forget and makes it all possible:Jason.
Not that I don't appreciate your suggestions Bob,you show the makings of a good Peter clone.:angel:

Hats off to all involved,;)

Site Updates....

As some of you have no doubt noticed, we have made some changes to the way the site looks and feels.

1. The Online / Offline Status now appears to the left of each post below the user name / avatar.

2. The profile button in a user's posts is now gone. If you wish to view a user's profile, you can click on their username and it will bring up their profile.

Many more updates to come in the following days. I'll keep you all posted.

Regards,
AudioFreak
diyAudio Moderator.

Re: Re: Site Updates....

peranders said:

Will you please fix the "Ignore list". Possible to ignore people but impossible to "unignore" them.

I fixed that a month or so ago. Look at the user's profile who you have on ignore and right next to the 'Add xxxxx to your ignore list' you will find 'Remove xxxxx from your ignore list'.

Regards,
AudioFreak
diyAudio Moderator.

Peter Daniel said:
The way I see it, too many people take things personally. It's either their POV, or no other view. . . . They can't give away their pride, they can't admit to a mistake (if they at all realise they've made one). For them their own ego is more important than DIYaudio and this forum.

I think many of us share this sentiment. IMO, if two people always think the same, then one of them is unecessary. :)

I like the site changes - the online/offline is pretty cool :)

Mark Broker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.