Friday the 13th ... an anouncement - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th December 2002, 01:53 PM   #11
bob4 is offline bob4  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10

Post away -- there is such an invitation in the 1st post.

dave
Hmmm, must have forgotten that one, too much text inbetween.

Opening up this anouncement- thread is a veeeery good idea! But why don't you take it further? I just got a bunch o' ideas:

Split the anouncement- thing in two threads: Re-name the SinBin thread, and use it but for announcing SinBin sentences also for announcing any other things.

Open up another permanent thread that is open for members to comment the SinBin etc. sentences announced in the other thread. By doing so you could avoid countless threads being opened when there is any trouble, and the discussion and solving of such issues would get much easier!
Old 14th December 2002, 01:54 PM   #12
diyAudio Moderator

Bob,

I'm sure with the new spirit of things around here, on topic comments will be appreciated by the mods...

The points and the solutions raised all seem very sensible to me, and a good way forward. Heres's to the future

BTW, anyone else think of mods as being this-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quad2.jpg (11.1 KB, 1225 views)
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 14th December 2002, 01:59 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hi Al,

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
Bob,

I'm sure with the new spirit of things around here, on topic comments will be appreciated by the mods...
I doubt that it ever has been the other way

Quote:

The points and the solutions raised all seem very sensible to me, and a good way forward. Heres's to the future
You mean my suggestions or those by planet10?

I couldn't figure out what's on the picture you posted. looks cool though..... Tell more about it!!
Old 14th December 2002, 02:19 PM   #14
haldor is offline haldor  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Now an important announcement

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10
There is an ancient tradition of pardoning the condemned at Winter Solstice based, in part, on the hope that it will appease the God’s and help restore light and warmth to the planet. The tradition heralded a turning point, a celebration - The day that marks the return of the sun and all that is good. Given the quickness with which most of us condemn, there is a certain wisdom and humanity in such traditions.
Has anyone extended a hand in the same spirit to Dice45 or Chris8? Ignoring the rights or wrongs of their actions, these individuals have been treated pretty shabbily by some of the inhabitants. Is there only to be forgiveness for Fred or does this extend to people who have devoted themselves to the health of this place?

I can't express my thoughts directly to Dice45 since his member information does not permit email messages. It doesn't bode well for the future of this place when becoming an ex-moderator means being cast out into the void.

Phil
Old 14th December 2002, 02:26 PM   #15
diyAudio Moderator

Bob
Quote:
Split the anouncement- thing in two threads: Re-name the SinBin thread, and use it but for announcing SinBin sentences also for announcing any other things.
I think that might get too complicated, best leave the sinners where they are, I suspect otherwise it might get too difficult to find important things, although maybe an Announcements thread is a good idea.
Quote:
Open up another permanent thread that is open for members to comment the SinBin etc. sentences announced in the other thread. By doing so you could avoid countless threads being opened when there is any trouble, and the discussion and solving of such issues would get much easier!
From reading the thread, I think Dave has this in mind already.

I have opened a new thread on my take on Mods to save cluttering up this important one
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 14th December 2002, 02:33 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Bob

I think that might get too complicated, best leave the sinners where they are, I suspect otherwise it might get too difficult to find important things, although maybe an Announcements thread is a good idea.
Au contraire, I think it would get easier to combine the SinBin with the announcements-thread. The Sinners could get something new like the top10 poster chart. Announcements of punishment would be made in the Announcements- thread, for a quick view you would just check the charts for any changes...

Quote:

From reading the thread, I think Dave has this in mind already.

I have opened a new thread on my take on Mods to save cluttering up this important one
Already read it

edit\ haldor, sorry, I missed your post. You're damn right!!
Old 14th December 2002, 02:42 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Default Re: Re: Now an important announcement

Quote:
Originally posted by haldor

It doesn't bode well for the future of this place when becoming an ex-moderator means being cast out into the void.

Phil
The cast out was done by the members themselves. It is not up to us and they acted on calculated decisions in both cases. If it makes them feel better, I don't think we should talk about it any longer. It just puts them in a wrong spotlight.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 14th December 2002, 03:26 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default You guys are good

Nice!

I posted a somewhat sarcastic response when I thought you guys were going to go the other way and be more rule bound. Thanks for showing me how off the mark I was. I'll gladly eat those words.

Congrats Dave, Peter, Jason and all. You have a great site here.

The ultimate test will be if it can teach me anything.

Welcome back everyone.

Cheers
Craig Ryder
Old 14th December 2002, 04:14 PM   #19
haldor is offline haldor  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Now an important announcement

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel

The cast out was done by the members themselves. It is not up to us and they acted on calculated decisions in both cases. If it makes them feel better, I don't think we should talk about it any longer. It just puts them in a wrong spotlight.
I will abide by that. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes anyway, just what was publicly posted. I do know that if the things that were being said about Dice45 were said about me... see ya. I do wish there was some way for to contact Dice45, but perhaps you are right and that situation is beyond repair.

Before leaving this subject, How many ex-moderators are still active member. I know of three ex-moderators: Grey, Dice45 and Chris8. There has to be some way for a moderator to quit without it becoming awfull.

I would hate to lose you that way too Peter.

Phil
Old 14th December 2002, 04:37 PM   #20
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Now an important announcement

Quote:
Originally posted by haldor
I will abide by that. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes anyway, just what was publicly posted. I do know that if the things that were being said about Dice45 were said about me... see ya. I do wish there was some way for to contact Dice45, but perhaps you are right and that situation is beyond repair.

Before leaving this subject, How many ex-moderators are still active member. I know of three ex-moderators: Grey, Dice45 and Chris8. There has to be some way for a moderator to quit without it becoming awfull.
Phil,

Sometimes things just need time to heal. I'm sure if and when our lost souls ready they will come back.

Rodd Yamashita

Hide this!Advertise here!