Portable Music Devices that Support Lossless

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know of any portable audio players that support lossless formats. I am tired of all the 128kbps crap you find on P2P, and have taken the leap of faith towards ripping my own lossless music. Unfortunately for Apple, their iPods do not support lossless formats. My mini was one of the worst investments I've ever made, but I wont get into it.

I have a 30gig ipod video. I am running the open-source rockbox firmware.
This firmware loads over the apple one (doesn't remove the apple firware or void any warranties).

It suports most lossless codecs including FLAC.

Only downside, decreased bat life.
http://www.rockbox.org/

And it can be used on the mini (1st and 2nd gen).

Instead of using itunes your ipod becomes a mas usb device and you just drag/drop the files on it. Therefore you can dump or copy the entire contents onto another computer.

Rockbox for the iPod 4G, Color, Nano and Video models all have a very wide range of codec support - MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Musepack, FLAC, AAC, ALAC, AC3 and WavPack are all supported in Rockbox. Additional music playback features include gapless playback and customizable crossfading, as well as a five-band fully-parametric equalizer to fine-tune sound output. iPods also get ReplayGain support for volume level normalization, and a large number of plugins, including games, applications, and "demos" - have some fun when you've got some free time to kill, open files with the text viewer, make use of the stopwatch, view some JPEG photos, or turn your iPod into a desktop clock. Also enjoy On-The-Go playlist creation and adjustment, full file bookmarking support and much more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.