New site - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th October 2001, 03:53 AM   #1
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Dear friends,

I hope you think that the new site is an improvement on the last.

You will immediately notice the new logo, which I think represents what we are all about. The "fantatic" byline has been changed, I'm not sold on the new one but I just wanted to get the site up - it may change (back) again shortly.

I've added a Pass Labs and digital forum in response to your feedback to my <a href="http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=495">last thread</a>. Sorting the 800 odd threads into their new forums has been a bit of a headache and I am sure I have missed more than a few that should be moved from where they are. If you find a thread that you think should be somewhere else, please email me and I will move it.

Looking to the future, I want to implement your suggestions about fixing and improving the links section, and creating some way of finding the best parts and the cheapest prices.

I also want to upgrade the forum software to the latest version (which is very cool). This will cost some, so I was thinking about doing some "fanatic" T-shirts through <a href="http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=diyaudio">cafepress</a> to help fund it.

Anyway, I hope this change makes diyAudio feel just that bit more like home.

Happy listening.

Jason.
Old 4th October 2001, 04:15 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

very impressive indeed!
Old 4th October 2001, 04:18 AM   #3
Chad is offline Chad  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the great site Jason. It has helped me through my amp project. Now if Plitron would ship my transformer, I could finish! Please keep up the great job.

Chad
Old 4th October 2001, 05:21 AM   #4
fcel is offline fcel  United States
diyAudio Member

Jason,
I haven't read too much about SACD on this site although I seldom check out the Digital forum. How about a new forum called "SACD"?
Old 4th October 2001, 05:28 AM   #5
diyAudio Administrator

fcel: If you have any questions about SACD please post them in the <a href="http://www.diyaudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=9">digital forum</a>. There needs to be a large amount of support for a topic in order for a seperate forum to be created.

Identifying strong topics in the "Everything else" forum would be nice. Parts, cabling, electronics, it's all mixed in there but none seem to be strong enough by themselves. Digital was given it's own forum because it is a definate topic in and by itself, I hope that it having it's own forum draws some more attention to the (fascinating) topic.
Old 4th October 2001, 05:35 AM   #6
fcel is offline fcel  United States
diyAudio Member

Jason,
Thanks for clarifying how "things" works here.
Old 4th October 2001, 05:55 AM   #7
diyAudio Administrator

Someone just emailed me reminding me about the idea of having a 'user upload' area where you could upload schematics, pictures etc. This is definately on the cards.
Old 4th October 2001, 06:56 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

The faculty of schematics uploading will be great, I think!
Thanks for your dedication.
Tortello
Old 4th October 2001, 12:53 PM   #9
Schaef is offline Schaef  United States
diyAudio Member

Default VERY nice!

Jason, nice job! It looks great! Now, I only have one question, and keep in mind this is being asked without having completely checked out the new forum layouts and what not. Do the forums now <i>correctly</i> show what the new articles are since I was last here? (They didn't before, and I had to look at the dates/times to figure out what they were, and yes, I know about the red envelopes, they weren't accurate)

Other than that, it looks great, oh, and when do you want more links? I can send you several that I look at!
Old 4th October 2001, 02:54 PM   #10
tsz is offline tsz  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to tsz
Great site Jason and it just got better!

Hide this!Advertise here!