I am an IEC Socket Freak

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Guys!!!

A square punch it'll be. Instead of Dremel, I use the Other tool - Proxxon. They also have some great accessories. The motor is permanently on my workbench, mounted in Proxxon's suction vise - staying firmly in place for months on end. This brand's best cutting discs are diamond-coated cutting and grinding wheels.

The only criticism I have is that their mandrels are too thin and usually snaps the screw which holds whatever disc you have on it.

A peculiarity with the Proxxon motor tool I experienced was doing a nutsplitting job on a lawnmower, done outside to see better. I fitted a diamond cutting disc in the tool and used an unwound cable drum mains lead of 30m long. After about 2mins worth of cutting, the tool got very hot and I could smell overheating electronics.

As the job was done, I decided to dismantle the tool to check for damage. There was no sign of overheated electronics and everything was OK.

Since the tool's speed control is by electronics up to 20k rpm, the extension cable I used must have had some effect, causing overheating.

So, if you use one of these, don't use it powered by a long extension lead.

bulgin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.