Stereo delay circuit? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th August 2006, 12:35 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Stereo delay circuit?

I was wondering about a stereo delay circuit. I found some on the web but they were all capacitor-transistor delay arrangement and those have really gotta be... bad to say the least. if the delay is out of the hearing range it would be ok but I don't know about the nominal or "standard" delay times... Needless to say, I think those circuits are a waste of my time. I was thinking more along the lines of digital storage but that would include expensive D/A and A/D converters but if I have to go that route I have a toshiba TC551001BPL-10L (128Kb static RAM I got from one of those old whopping modems...) and a Dallas Semi DS1645Y-120 patitionable NVSRAM chip (1.024Mb). I know that true stereo can move a sound from one side of your head to the other and all sorts of stuff but I just want to use this for my mono equipment and if the delay is adjustable maybe experiment with surround... Any replies are appreciated even though this may be kindof a far-out thing to ask about.

Hide this!Advertise here!