I need a PHP5-HTML-MySQL coder ASAP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have designed a large web-base remote monitoring system for a client. The hardware aspects of this system are largley complete and to date 25 systems have been fielded.

Despite my best efforts and those of my client we have yet to find to find a programmer that keeps his promises or does good work.

Today was the last straw... an end-user failed to receive an important notification that his monitored system was failing.

So... if you can program in PHP5, MySQL, and do webpages that don't like high-school garbage. Please consider this. The workload is not extreme. After hours pros would be welcome. Please no dabblers... I need a REAL PRO that can hit the ground running. BTW... you do not need to be math wiz... you do need to able to code math provided to you though.

Also, this entire project is at a critical stage in many ways. The R & D is done, and paid for. The second production run is under way. The till is virtually empty. So if instant gratification is something you require... this will not work. If you can wait for your money... and my references regarding this client matter, then you have the opportunity to cultivate a long and rewarding relationship.

Thanks and feel free to PM.

The rest of this thread can turn into comic relief with horror stories about code guys.

I just happened to see this post when I logged in.

Question, given that you mentioned this system has a hardware component, why are you insisting on a Perl-PHP solution? It's
runtime interpreted and thus tends to attract lower-than-entry level developers who also tend to lack a software development discipline: i.e. iterative and test driven development practices.

There are much better platforms for doing serious Web development. J2EE and JSP with the numerous free app server
implementation (Tomcat or JBoss). It's Java. It's object oriented. The compiler will catch problems rather than rely on an interpretive, run-time oriented development environment. Further, you can do component level development, and unit tests, which means you can grow the software base while performing regression tests automatically to insure that new code doesnt break existing functionality.

Get away from PHP/Perl. That platform tends to attract the worst of the worst developers anyways.

-- Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.