is this how all users are treated - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th December 2002, 09:47 AM   #11
halojoy is offline halojoy  Sweden
On Hiatus

ppl
Have you heard the expression:

like you ask, you get answered
in swedish
som man frågar, får man svar

ask these moderators in the right way
not their way
but
YOUR best way

might help us
always be the one you are = the one you ought to be
Old 10th December 2002, 09:54 AM   #12
ppl is offline ppl  United States
diyAudio Member

I did cover those points and like i sed i could have lived with anthing elce. read my later posts
Old 10th December 2002, 10:07 AM   #13
On Hiatus

Thumbs up enough of this!

Quote:
Originally posted by ppl
I did cover those points and like i sed i could have lived with anthing elce. read my later posts
i do not need to

welcome here
and enjoy!
I recommend my thread:

He is back and better than ever -
that is me, I, halojoy is back!

You are over 15 years aren't you?
ppl
Old 10th December 2002, 10:32 AM   #14
joensd is offline joensd  Germany
diyAudio Member

Why do you all make yourself a big head about checking the box?
I think the big point is that some moderator replied in a vulgar way which is not right.
I think if this special moderator is not able to apologize he´s got the wrong job here and should get ****ed for every member being here.

Jens
Old 10th December 2002, 10:36 AM   #15
On Hiatus

Arrow big point - might be - let's face it then

Quote:
Originally posted by joensd
Why do you all make yourself a big head about checking the box?
I think the big point is that some moderator replied in a vulgar way which is not right.
I think if this special moderator is not able to apologize he´s got the wrong job here and should get ****ed for every member being here.
Jens
Which moderator?
maybe she/he would like to explain her/himself
without whining

truth always reveals sooner or later whether you like it or not
Old 10th December 2002, 10:37 AM   #16
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by peranders
Luckely no, ppl. Bye, bye, Phillip LaRocco!
Sorry, ppl, I did get somewhat confused. I didn't get that ppl was Philip.

BTW: You can check "Searched" without searching.
Old 10th December 2002, 10:41 AM   #17
ppl is offline ppl  United States
diyAudio Member

I dont know about anyone elce but i do not take kindly to being told to Get ******* if thay are not where i can hit them, and i am sure most perple will not also. moreover i intended to bring this up as it is an issue that needs to be taken care of and jason should reconsider his posistion if this is his attatude.
Old 10th December 2002, 10:57 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default is this

This tread makes me throw up. Didn't realise I ended up in Kindergarten.

I can accept the occasional slip-up of a moderator, I do it all the time myself. Even if I am on the receiving end. I want Jason in as moderator.

Jan Didden
Old 10th December 2002, 11:09 AM   #19
edm is offline edm  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I think the 'yes I searched' checkbox is a GOOD THING(tm), it reminds you not to clutter the board with something, which may be dealt with extensively.
The only place I found it to be funny is in introductions, yes I searched the boards, but havenot found my previous introduction before .
Old 10th December 2002, 01:07 PM   #20
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

A) So who is the moderator who sent that to you? You have not made yourself very clear in this thread at all. I spent several posts thinking, "What is this guy talking about? There is no moderator named Philip LaRocco!

B) The moderator who sent that to you was wrong. However, your original statement was less-than-polite, and invited a less-than-polite reply. Not as bad as you got, true, but there is no reason why the moderator has to be nice while you vent away about "stupid quarks", (I didn't know we had an Nuclear Physics forum, LOL), and issue ultimatums that if everyone doesn't jump up and change something immediately, you are not posting here anymore.

Some ultimatum. The board has over 3,000 members posting here. Did you seriously think you would be missed?

C) Your original contention about the Search requirement is without merit. This is a technical forum, and the same material gets covered over and over again. It makes little sense to have an exhaustive discussion on a topic over the course of several days, only to find that a week later the same question is being asked again by a different member.

That Search requirement was put in there so we, the users, can have a better forum without having the same questions being asked and answered all the time. The forum wants to answer the basic questions, especially by newbies, but also wants to put special emphasis on new and inventive approaches to things. Hence, the Search requirement.

If events are as you describe them, and there were no additional insulting parts to your original post, I do believe the moderator should be called up on the carpet. However, it should be noted that his response was not completely out-of-the-blue, but rather an overreaction to a post that was insulting in the first place.

Hide this!Advertise here!