Ethnic Cleansing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BWRX said:
removing windows should net you a rather pleasant improvement as well ;)

LOL :D

People sometimes tell me they've cleaned up their computer by deleting unnecessary icons from their desktop, and ask me what else they can do to help :xeye:

Seriously though, I find that most often the greatest improvement on a typical system, notwithstanding reinstalling windoze, is to eliminate unnecessary programs that start with windows. Some will be in your registry, and some will be in Start/Programs/Startup, for example. There are programs you can get to do this for you, or maybe Start/Run/msconfig might help.

I found it useful to get rid of all the windows secret caches too. I use PurgeIE - which is free for 15 days.
Did you know that windows hides copies of your temporary internet files (can't be seen with Explorer unless you type in the whole directory name), and the index.dat files record every site you've ever visited? Even using the Delete function in Outlook merely hides your email - it doesn't actually delete anything!

There are a number of windows services that can be turned off - but be careful, as there are quite a few essential ones as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.