Splitting line level audio signals

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone , thanks for letting me join your forum :). I have searched all over this forum and the internet, but I think the answer to my question is so obvious as to not have been written down?

I am going to run line level signals around my house that will go into the "auxilliary in" phono inputs of several cheap micro systems i have acquired over the years (usually the amp and speakers are the only things still working!). The signal will come from the "tape out" phonos of my main hi-fi system.

After some research it seems that to avoid interference I may be better off converting the phono output signal to a "balanced" signal for distribution along twisted pair cables or balanced microphone cable, and then reconverting back to unbalanced line level at each micro system. I have found a useful page with some simple circuit diagrams that I think will be suitable here

I would welcome comments on the above, but my main question is -
Is it OK to tap into the balanced signal at multiple points. Effectively the inputs of several balanced line receivers would be in parallel. I don't really understand the whole input/output impedance thing and I wonder if I should adjust this on either the balanced line driver or receivers.

Other things I am thinking about are - would it be OK to send the power supply for the driver/receivers down the same cable or a parallel cable. I am thinking that a balanced line should be immune to interference?

Also - does anyone have experience in using CAT5 cable for balanced audio? I could then get 2 stereo signals in the same cable, or 1 stereo and the power supply.

Thanks in advance.
Rog

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.