Audiophiles!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm doing some research on audiophiles, and would love to know what makes you guys tick...how did you get into this? what products do you love? what keeps you going?

Would you be willing to do a simple, fun journal for me over the weekend? It would probably take about 1 dedicated hour, and I’ll be happy to offer you $50 for the effort. In addition, the owner of the best journal will win an additional $50, and there are only 3 other people who would be competing with you on that! Don't worry - this journal will not be used for any weird, commercial purpose, just academics.
Please let me know if you're interested (jillml@gmail.com)...

Audiophile: 95% physics, 5% spirit/soul/whatever you call it

Don't know where you get this idea from - most of self proclaimed audiphiles I have had contact with have usually zilch ideas of physics - and yes, ohms law is out"lawed"for them, and so are many other physical "laws", and do not ever mention dbt, bt or ab/abx etc...There is no way you can ever measure what you can hear..... the ear is the precists sense of all, cannot be fooled and always is right...all the measurements don't tell you anything...

I call myself a hifi redneck - and stay away from audiophilia, which I consider a sickness and should be in the famous book for psychiatric ailments.

"I'm doing some research on audiophiles, and would love to know what makes you guys tick...how did you get into this? what products do you love? what keeps you going?

Interesting that no one so far has mentioned love of sound or music. Is ridicule what keeps audiophiles going? (Texas-worthy perhaps, but man it gets sooooo tiring seeing this over and over and over)

I'll do it!

Hi, I might be able to help you... I'm an 'audiophile'?. I play music, build amps, pre-amps, speaker systems, P.A. units etc. for my own use ...and listen. I occasionally go to garage sales, flea markets, (or e-bay), only as last resort... and find something worthwhile to restore and get huge enjoyment in this process... all in my spare time. So, send 50.00 and I'll share my weekends journal w/you. Thanks in advance.I'm a student. My info is available through this (always enlightening) forum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.